Last week I made a post about my first month of goals for myself that I was going to achieve by the end of September. Then over the weekend I had a lot of things happen in the space of 48 hours. Mainly the big one my Dad was unexpectedly taken to hospital. I mean REALLY unexpected. He was visiting his GP then the next thing he was taken to hospital. They think that he had a mini heart attack. He is alright now, but it was scary!
It seems to have been that around birthdays this year, everyone has gotten seriously ill.
- Two parties – One 30th and another 60th, both had a heart attack within the week of their birthday.
- One 70th had a stroke.
- Someone I know who is only 32 has cancer
So as you can imagine then my health has become a main priority. Too get myself checked out and see what I need to do. I have decided to make posts with different goals, rather than my regulars one from earlier this week. I guess you might want to look at them as both a mental health post and a physical health post.
- Three pieces of fresh fruit a week…I know this sounds shocking, since you’re supposed to have some every day. With so many food options out there, it just seems quiet easy to just not eat fruit.
- Once a week I will make a meal from scratch – This one should be interesting!
- Three times a walk a 15 minute walk. One at my partners house and two at my house.
- Half an hour with the “Fitness Marshall” twice a week. Check him out!
- Drink one cup of water a day. This is another thing that has shocked me, how little water I drink as well!
There is a Simpson quote for everything!
Nothing like a good day of International Happiness, so I am making a list of EVERYTHING that I can think of that makes me happy. I have actually been working on this particular post for a couple of weeks, so that I can cover as much happiness as I can. There is no rhyme or reason to this list, it just is. You might even find a couple that you agree with.
What about you? What are a couple of things that just instantly make you happy?
- When either my puppy or my partners cat tongue gets stuck outside their mouth, it’s just so cute.
- When I’m craving something and I don’t know what I’m craving and somehow, very randomly, I eat something and it’s that something that I was craving.
- The smell of my black candles, I don’t know what it is, but there smell is intoxicating, so I use them very little, as the shops ran out of that particular candle.
- Cuddling up with any of my plushies.
- Choosing “random shuffle” on my ipod and getting all the songs in a row that match my mood.
- The funny air hugs I have with a particular coworker, since she found out with some people I get funny with hugging them. It’s turned into our little joke, we air hug, air chest bump.
- Those nights/days that you get to yourself, you have nothing to do but veg out.
- When I make it through an entire drive without panicking too much.
- I love it when I can watch Twitch, Safari Live and play games at the same time. Usually only happens on a Saturday.
- Christmas Day spent with my Mums side of the family.
- The Christmas Eve Barbecue we’ve started having with people we’re close to but don’t get to see on Christmas.
- Real Husbands of Hollywood, Last Week Tonight with John Oliver and Homicide Hunter. I never ever watch these shows just in the background.
- All my favourite musicals.
- Just sitting and doing nothing and NOT feeling guilty about it.
- Being in a car and just having a normal conversation without feeling any of my odd anxiety issues.
- When you buy clothes online and it all fits perfectly…Especially pants and shoes!
- When I have more money in my bank account than I had expected.
In your native language which letter or character describes you best? Why?
I wish that I spoke another language, I’ve always wanted to speak Spanish or Elvish (lol), unfortunately though I only speak English =/
What is your greatest extravagance?
I know what I would like to be extravagant about. In fact just the past weekend I went to a convention and this convention was one of those “nerdy/geeky” type of conventions. They had a couple of stores there that had some gorgeous figurines and I told my partner “I wish I had enough money so I could have a house with a room for just “stuff” lol
Do you prefer exercising your mind or your body? How frequently do you do either?
It actually depends, I’ve been really badly injured in my leg over the last couple of weeks. Which has meant a lot of sitting around and a lot of thinking. I’ve been trying to get into my exercising my body a lot more, but I’ve kind of hit a snag obviously,lol. I’ve always felt though you have to exercise both as you see fit, you need to listen to your body and mind and see what they need.
List at least 5 things that makes you laugh.
- My puppy when she has one of her “crazy minutes” and runs about the house.
- Any good comedy shows, sometimes I need to watch one before bed.
- My partner when he relaxes, he can be quite silly,lol
- There is a Drag Queen that I LOVE (apart from my brother, he’s the best one out there!) and her and her brother have this YouTube channel that I have just discovered and it’s amazing! Search for “Bro’Laska” in YouTube.
- Pretty much any cute animal/animal fail video…Check those out too,lol