I know that being the old “fashion” way isn’t always cool anymore…
Sometimes though old fashion is the way! That full circle thing …
Young people play Bowls,
Drinking tea, as since the beginning of time, as calmed people
Nothing more than lovely than a bunch of flowers (trust me, my partner never buys them for me, I buy them for my mum a lot) lol
Reading books to find out information
Pen Pals! I have two now =D
Picnic…Although there is nothing comfortable about them, I still love to do one.
Home made cooking and or baking … There’s nothing quiet like it.
So I asked what you would like to see more on a Discord Book channel and you let me know! So I’ve added a channel called “Book Style“. While the original post was about style in general, I have found over the years. That there are lots of “bookish styles” both dressup and every day. I’ve added the channel and I’m hoping to have a bookish feel to it more.
Men and Women of course! Men read and have style too! I would actually really LOVE to see how bookish outfits you may have had over the years. They can be costumes, or something you wear every day. I got the ball rolling, pop over and have a look! I think it’d be a great place to swap style ideas as well. Myself, I love to thrift shop. You can find so many styles there! I might actually start taking pictures of any “book” styles I have,lol.
I am a BIG believer in learning something new every single day…Literally a huge believer in it, so I decided to test my theory on this. I got the idea from Dave’s Corner of the Universe … When better to do it then the month of my birthday? A whole new year, another year around the sun…sigh…lol…Although this will be coming all in one full post, I will be posting about something new that I learned that day. Whether that be about myself, someone else or just some random fact…Enjoy! Let’s learn together…
For the Month of April…
- Too much Heinz spaghetti in one toastie, will explode in the sandwich toaster.
- Scientologist/Scientology….BLOW MY MIND! How it’s all legal, is beyond me. Watch Louis Theroux and Leah Remini series.
- I can feel the difference now when I drink coffee and when I drink black/earl grey tea. How it heightens and how coffee buzzes with my mind, which does not help anxiety. Try and stop drinking coffee for two weeks and see how you feel with that first cup of joe after two weeks.
- People do NOT read the letters they are given. Then honestly expect you to give them…oh I don’t know…Their thousands of dollars school course for free, because they’ve waited till the last minute to setup their fees…Since they’ve gotten the final letter saying they’ll be taken to the debt collectors…Like that’s our fault? How surprising it is to see just SO many people NOT pay fees. I couldn’t live with it!
- Ian McKellen was asked to play Dumbledore
- Alligators are apparently more “placid” than Crocodiles.
- Sometimes when you feel a cold or the flu coming on…Do everything! Stay Warm, drink lots of tea, have some Panadol and have lots of vitamin C I swear that it holds it off.
- Even a sip of off milk can hurt/upset your stomach…Do not ask! If you’re not sure, throw it out.
- Karula the magnificent Leopard is feared dead, as we haven’t seen her in such a long time. I never thought I could feel so much dread of an animal I have never met.
- Possible sympathy cold? Can you get those?
- Napoleon abdicated willingly and was exiled.
- If you work hard enough, you always get where you want in the end.
- Having two days in a row to do nothing is truly something I may have too treasure soon! I can always say no, but I wont want to for a while.
- Is there any chocolate any better than dark peppermint chocolate?
- I got to watch April the Giraffe give birth live!
- My body is capable of a lot, I just wish my mind could catch up!
- Weather is really weird, when it’s changing from season to season and I never know how many jackets or cardigans to carry with me.
- Slenderman is freaking freaky and I haven’t even played the game! (Watching “Fear the Slenderman“…The true story of the two young girls who attempted to kill their “friend” to appease the Slenderman)
- In 1770 Captain James Cook first sighted Australia.
- Gators the latest in bush-walking fashion.
- I don’t think Instagram is the place to talk about Equality, unless you fit that persons “box”.
- Not sleeping well two nights in a row (just can’t sleep) really makes you feel unwell. Then sleeping during the day makes it harder to sleep at night, again.
- I love that we are STILL finding things like these ancient Egyptian Tombs, it really is fascinating. Another piece of a puzzle!
- Emperor Penguins have 100 feathers per square inch.
- Lest We Forget
- I heard the best quote today “We have learnt our rights, but we have not learnt our responsibilities”.
- The 27th of 2017 is #safarilive and WildEarth 10th birthday of streaming live feeds of streaming live safari’s…PLEASE CHECK THEM OUT!
- In 1770 Captain James Hook, aboard the Endeavour ship, lands at Botany Bay in Australia.
- There is absolutely a reason why they have Warnings on the packets of headache/pain tablets, about not drinking alcohol after you’ve taken them…Don’t ask,lol
- I have always believed that animals have emotions, but I’m not sure who else agrees.
So after my post yesterday about posting about only good news, I read this … I am really proud of my country right now, like this seems such a huge step forward … I know that some make up out there already is animal cruelty free and also note that they’re not going to take the make up off of the shelf that are already there.
Cosmetics tested on animals to be banned in Australia!
Progress is always welcome though!
This isn’t really a “Quote” of the week type thing, but I just thought that these posts were too much of a win. I recently purchased this picture A Girl and her Dog, drawn by The art of Tim Shumate and I just loved it.
While I was looking for things that related to a Girl and her Dog, I came across the awesome site “Book Riot” (for the wing again!) and they have this amazing list of things you can buy that is literary related that you can buy for you dog!
I want all of them for my puppy, even though she wouldn’t use half of them!lol
I was going to write this initially on the day that the Golden Globes, but with everything that’s happened this week … It’s been a bit of a weird week! Anyways, if you watched the Golden Globes, I think that we can all agree that this year had so much variety! That’s the thing with all of the fashion on the red carpet, what one person doesn’t like, somebody will just completely love. Just take some of these articles below for comparison.
The best dressed on the Golden Globes red carpet (Article from http://www.news.com.au/)
Golden Globes 2016: The Best, Most Beautiful Dresses From the Big Night! (Article from People.com)
Worst dressed stars: Golden Globes fashion (Article from USA Today)
I am definitely not someone who is known for her fashion sense, in fact I seemed to get paid out a lot (gurataneed by my brother who is actually certificated in costume design). However, I just love watching the fashion, and the stars just look incredibly awesome. Even with the more sheer outfits, I mean they work out and they work really hard to look that good. Why shouldn’t they be allowed to wear what they want? It’s not their responsibility to make us get off our butts and work out hard. If we have a problem with it, I think it’s more of a reflection on you as a human being than them? I’ve seen a few people write how they “owe us” to cover up more … Uhhh … How about no they really don’t “owe us” that? If you have a problem with it, it’s your problem.
I’m not officially making this Golden Globes week, but I thought it would catch your attention ~.^ (Also I do not have the authority to make this “Golden Globes Week”).
I have been noticing lately that my posts have been a little bit depressing, I hate being mad and sad, I really do hate it, but hey, I can’t be perfect 100% of the time =P Something about birthdays that make me depressed, it’s not the getting older part. It’s the way that I always feel like something is missing from my birthdays. Either I get a whole pile of presents that make me feel guilty because I look at them and go “Do you people know me at all?” and you have to do something with them…
Anyways, there is this site that I love called “Oh My Disney” http://blogs.disney.com/oh-my-disney/
I love this site, they have so many types of Blogs based all on everything Disney related. One I reently happened to stumble upon was Belle’s Fashion tips.
It is really quite interesting, it takes a look at all of Belle’s fashion style and what she wears, but the main emphasis being on “be yourself” wear your style, your way. Go and have a look!
If you have been able to tell from some past Blogs of mine, I do enjoy my shopping…online and window…So you can imagine how excited I was when I was looking for some new Winter tops and I found a bunch of Blogging clothing! So below I have posted links to these clothing sites!
Go and check them out!
Showpo (Australia, New Zealand and International)
Polyvore: Check site for delivery and shipping
Lush t-shirts – UK & Europe delivery and International