The International Day of Charity is this Sunday, but I figure there is no harm about talking about it now. After all what is the point of finding out about it ON the day? Because then what can you do! You might have things planned and what’s the point. Also though, every day we should all practice a little charity.
Charity has a huge scope of what one can do.
The date of 5 September was chosen in order to commemorate the anniversary of the passing away of Mother Teresa of Calcutta, who received the Nobel Peace Prize in 1979 “for work undertaken in the struggle to overcome poverty and distress, which also constitute a threat to peace.”United Nations
So what can you do?
The great thing about charity, is that you don’t have to spend a lot of money to do it spread the Charity around.
- Donate blood
- Instead of going to those “fancy” stores – Choose a op shop or charity shop instead. They honestly do have some GREAT stuff. When I need new clothes, I go there first and so far, have never had to visit any “fancy” clothes store.
- I would suggest considering making food for those who may need food in your neighborhood. However, I would research into what food they can actually eat first. You don’t make a lasagna, to find out that your neighbor is a vegetarian! lol
- If you do want to do something for your neigbours, make sure that they even want it. I have a elderly neighbour and she is extremely independent. So she sometimes finds it a insult to be asked if she wants anything.
- Again with the food, I’ve been seeing a lot of Afghan businesses helping the Afghan’s refugees coming into our country. My advice? Don’t wait until a horrible thing happens to help your communities, do it now, do it today. Get something going NOW, so when horrible things do happen. Life just keeps happening. Routine can help in a lot of situations.
- If you have left over food, that you know you’ll never eat. Find out what centers are near you where you can drop some yummy food off. There are already charities that will send out food to those in need. Consider finding out if you can help in some way.
- Be Kind to others. I wouldn’t call it “Charity”, but then again, you don’t know what strangers are going through. Heck, sometimes we don’t even know what we, ourselves, are going through.
Most importantly though, never do Charity to get a ego stroke. Never do charity to even get a “thank you” Do it, because it’s the right thing to do.
22. Something you use every day
Oh wow, the great thing about this post is that it really has made me more aware of what I actually do use every single day. The trouble that I had breaking down what “something” I use every day that I’m grateful for…and then it hit me…and it may seem really like an odd thing to be grateful for and that I use every day.
A good, well functioning toilet…
I can just see all of your faces reading this right now
Is there anything better though that we use every single day, that’s better than good functioning toilet? Not only do we use it every single day, but it’s also there for us on those not so good…I know I’ve basically hugged my toilet quiet a few times over the years, lied down next to it. It doesn’t judge you, it doesn’t make comments when you have to use it and it doesn’t make you feel ashamed no matter what happens too you.
You can “converse” with it for hours, it doesn’t mind, it doesn’t tell you leave and you generally feel better after you’ve used it. I’ve had to use some horrible toilets over the years, and I’m sure that some of you have had to as well, and I fell worse after using them. There is nothing better than a clean, well functioning toilet and we use that every single day.
I am a BIG believer in learning something new every single day…Literally a huge believer in it, so I decided to test my theory on this. I got the idea from Dave’s Corner of the Universe … When better to do it then the month of my birthday? A whole new year, another year around the sun…sigh…lol…Although this will be coming all in one full post, I will be posting about something new that I learned that day. Whether that be about myself, someone else or just some random fact…Enjoy! Let’s learn together…
For the Month of April…
- Too much Heinz spaghetti in one toastie, will explode in the sandwich toaster.
- Scientologist/Scientology….BLOW MY MIND! How it’s all legal, is beyond me. Watch Louis Theroux and Leah Remini series.
- I can feel the difference now when I drink coffee and when I drink black/earl grey tea. How it heightens and how coffee buzzes with my mind, which does not help anxiety. Try and stop drinking coffee for two weeks and see how you feel with that first cup of joe after two weeks.
- People do NOT read the letters they are given. Then honestly expect you to give them…oh I don’t know…Their thousands of dollars school course for free, because they’ve waited till the last minute to setup their fees…Since they’ve gotten the final letter saying they’ll be taken to the debt collectors…Like that’s our fault? How surprising it is to see just SO many people NOT pay fees. I couldn’t live with it!
- Ian McKellen was asked to play Dumbledore
- Alligators are apparently more “placid” than Crocodiles.
- Sometimes when you feel a cold or the flu coming on…Do everything! Stay Warm, drink lots of tea, have some Panadol and have lots of vitamin C I swear that it holds it off.
- Even a sip of off milk can hurt/upset your stomach…Do not ask! If you’re not sure, throw it out.
- Karula the magnificent Leopard is feared dead, as we haven’t seen her in such a long time. I never thought I could feel so much dread of an animal I have never met.
- Possible sympathy cold? Can you get those?
- Napoleon abdicated willingly and was exiled.
- If you work hard enough, you always get where you want in the end.
- Having two days in a row to do nothing is truly something I may have too treasure soon! I can always say no, but I wont want to for a while.
- Is there any chocolate any better than dark peppermint chocolate?
- I got to watch April the Giraffe give birth live!
- My body is capable of a lot, I just wish my mind could catch up!
- Weather is really weird, when it’s changing from season to season and I never know how many jackets or cardigans to carry with me.
- Slenderman is freaking freaky and I haven’t even played the game! (Watching “Fear the Slenderman“…The true story of the two young girls who attempted to kill their “friend” to appease the Slenderman)
- In 1770 Captain James Cook first sighted Australia.
- Gators the latest in bush-walking fashion.
- I don’t think Instagram is the place to talk about Equality, unless you fit that persons “box”.
- Not sleeping well two nights in a row (just can’t sleep) really makes you feel unwell. Then sleeping during the day makes it harder to sleep at night, again.
- I love that we are STILL finding things like these ancient Egyptian Tombs, it really is fascinating. Another piece of a puzzle!
- Emperor Penguins have 100 feathers per square inch.
- Lest We Forget
- I heard the best quote today “We have learnt our rights, but we have not learnt our responsibilities”.
- The 27th of 2017 is #safarilive and WildEarth 10th birthday of streaming live feeds of streaming live safari’s…PLEASE CHECK THEM OUT!
- In 1770 Captain James Hook, aboard the Endeavour ship, lands at Botany Bay in Australia.
- There is absolutely a reason why they have Warnings on the packets of headache/pain tablets, about not drinking alcohol after you’ve taken them…Don’t ask,lol
- I have always believed that animals have emotions, but I’m not sure who else agrees.
So this morning is one of those mornings where everything is happening and this Tuesday is my last day after the busy period where I work. So I’m taking the rest of the week off. So here’s just a brief overview of what’s due to happen today:
- Bidding ends at 6:30 in the morning on an item I really want to get (cannot remember the last time I had to wake up that early!)
- New phone is scheduled to come today.
- My favourite clothing site is having a collection come out today and I’ve been saving for this one for a while.
They are just a few things that are happening today, of course I’m at work all day today, even though I have the rest of the week off #firstworldproblems. It’s just always seems to be the way. Do you find that too readers?