This has been such a huge topic, especially over the last year. I mean you just have to look at Donald Trumps Tweets on Twitter on what NOT to do.
Do you have any rules for social media? I would ask what do you think the rules are, but as a lot of people don’t follow them. This is a much easier list!
Some of my rules for myself are:
- Never EVER use a derogatory term, such as ‘retard’ or the ‘c word’. I don’t even like Trumptard, Which is why you’ve probably noticed I write Trumptar, instead of the usual whole word.
- I’d like to say that you shouldn’t swear, but sometimes…The mind explodes.
- If I don’t understand something, I read before I answer. I read into something first before I’ll reply.
- Only use capital letters (shouting) if you feel the person really isn’t listening and you want to help them listen to what they’re saying. I only using “shouting” when I can’t believe what someone is saying. What they’re saying makes no sense, or hypocritical.
- I will never have a lot of symbols in my name, tagline. Maybe one animal emoticon, that’s as far as I’ll go.