A Northern Virginia religious leader is accused of “libelous and inflammatory” comments by Loudoun County Democrats after weighing in on a controversy involving a teacher’s views on transgender rights. Pastor Gary Hamrick of Cornerstone Chapel, a nondenominational church in Leesburg, said during Sunday’s service that he supported recall efforts against six Loudoun County School Board […]Politics, religion collide in transgender debate at Virginia school — Kira Moore’s Closet
At some point, mainly now. At some point though, Republicans NEED to stop speaking like they are God. Who is this “teacher” to sit there and say that he would be lying to the child? Did God not create this child? Is he saying that God got it wrong? What lesson could “teachers” like this one, take from this?
I have now turned 30 + 1, but I thought it would be a good opportunity to write about what I learnt in my 20’s as I now head into my 30’s…Scary as!
1. If you are lucky enough to have a good family, this is extremely rare, spend all the family time you can with them.
2. You don’t have to get drunk ALL the time, know your limits, not only will you not throw up but you wont have a hangover the next day!
3. Facebook does not equal best friends for life.
4. Take all the selfie’s you want too! You don’t have to post them on Facebook or Instagram, but if they make you feel good…Go for it!
5. Make time for friends and your romantic relationships.
6. Have at least ONE passionate lover that you do not date and you can be friends with afterwards. (Be safe!)
7. Volunteer or stand up for at least one cause you are completely passionate about!
8. You do not know everything…Listen.
9. Make time for yourself.
10. Not everyone is going to get married, live together and have children in that order and it IS okay not to have children.
11. If you have a passion for your job, or find a job you are passionate about, stick with it and improve at it!
12. If you have children in your 20’s, don’t let the rest of the world babysit and take care of your babies. Take pride in raising your children and don’t let the rest of the world tell you what makes a “good” or “bad” parent. Don’t be ashamed though to ask for help! There’s a lot of willing to help out there!
13. Not everyone is and will be your best friend for life, but you will figure out who your “real” friends are.
14. It’s okay to let go and still care about a person.
15. Do not let bad relationships waste your time or control your life. If you can’t let go…Get Help!
16. I repeat…Facebook does NOT equal best friends for life.
17. Sometimes you just need a cuddle from and with someone or an animal that is warm.
18. Do NOT stop reading! It doesn’t matter what it is, never stop reading!
19. Go to a local festival, convention, concert or to theatre at least one a year!
20. It is completely normal to be in your Twenties (heading towards your Thirty) and have a crush on a Celebrity.
Have a passion that is all your own! Like myself and my Blogging =D
So I am training my first group today! I am really nervous about it, guaranteed it’s training my own class, full of fellow classmates, but it’s still a nerve wrecking process,lol. I am training my class mates how to set-up a Blog today. Which is probably part of my nerves because I am introducing people to something that has become very precious to myself and something that has become apart of my daily life now.
Wish me luck!
For this edition of Fact Friday I thought that I would introduce you to some sites that I have used and learned about through my Studies. If you are curious about our world or are stuck for looking for some information to study up on a topic…Look here!
*I do not own or create any of these sites*
From fun facts to scientific information, this page has everything that you want to know about. Some of the most popular topics are:
“What colour are the colours of your eyes when you shut them” and
“Does drinking something hot on a hot day cool you down”.
I love going to this site because it literally is the meaning of “You learn something new every day”.
Rating for learning something new: 5 out of 5
This is definitely a site for looking for that next book to read, with a bibliography of over 30,000 authors and information on 350,000 books. This is a fantastic site for looking for authors who write similarly to your favourite authors. It also informs you of any new stories that will be coming out soon
Rating for learning something new: 5 out of 5 (you learn about new books and new authors!)
The Free Dictionary
This is such a fun site! You get a daily article, you can play likes Hangman and Spelling Bee. You can create your own page. The main articles on today’s page are about Carpal Tunnel Syndrome and Researchers releasing thousands of Mosquito’s (who knows why!…Read the article!)
Rating for learning something new: 5 out of 5…and it’s fun too!