It’s getting closer to my Birthday and I anticipate one or two things maybe Harley Quinn related…I am a massive fan of Harley Quinn, mainly original Harley…
The thing is though a lot of people think because I like Harley Quinn, then I must love her relationship with the Joker…and I actually detest it
…It’s a completely abusive relationship.
Harley Quinn, too me, is a crazy gal, who just wants to be love and accepted…and she LOVES her “babies” (Bud and Lou)…Those moments where she feels betrayed by the Joker and she tries to be a “good guy” but no one really lets her. I feel like that sometimes, I feel like I’m doing the right thing, but others make me feel bad for doing it…Only difference is I don’t go to the dark side.
After reading through the fascinating post written by the amazing Blogger Addlepates and book nerds (Go and check them out!) I decided to “steal” and write up my own list, especially after what I wrote with my last post last week about having a Reading Block. I went with 15 instead of 25 because I kept stopping and starting and realised this was about to post!lol
- I am yet to try out Kindles and e-readers. It’s not that I am totally against the idea, it’s more that I haven’t really gotten around to it. I’ve asked for one for Christmas and Birthday and nothing yet!
- Like my previous post suggests, I either read a lot or not at all. I can’t just seem to read a chapter or so. I either start and don’t stop, or I don’t start at all!
- I don’t really enjoy pure romance novels like “Mills and Boons”, but I would never discourage someone from reading them either.
- My Grandmother was a really good Library Manager and when I was little I used to visit her at the Library all the time and joined in all the holiday activities.
- I still have a lot of books from my childhood, but a lot of them are now in boxes. I still love pulling them out and reading them.
- Talking about childhood books, there’s always a couple of them I read every single year.
- I’ve just recently thanked everybody who bought me books when I was kid, they are expensive!
- I want more bookcases…Who doesn’t though!
- My favourite author is Jodi Picoult, I love the research she does and how she can write a story from every point of view.
- I once wrote a few episode ideas for a TV show based on a fantasy online role playing games I was playing at the time. Think X-Men Evolution. Except, instead of mutants, you had sorceress, elves, and humans, etc. I think it’s somewhere still in my house.
- Writing about writing, I currently have a book I’m writing for fun, based on a character I played in a game called Monster Hunter.
- I was the only Year 12 (Senior at High School) who understood what Shakespeare was talking about.
- I can enjoy a book and the movie adaption without hating the other. I can see them as their own work. Except for making Fili and Kili’s death all about Tauriel!!! I didn’t even mind her until that happened.
- I try to buy at least new three books a year. Which probably doesn’t sound like a lot, but I’ve got no space either. I very rarely throw any out.
- I find that there is a book quote for every single thing in life. It’s one of the reasons I started “Weekly Random Literature Quotes”.
Just like Addlepates and Book Nerds, I am also going to tag the last five people who followed me. In no particular order: