It amazes and saddens me to constantly read in the news and on the television another life wasted after meeting up with someone through a “dating” site. It’s a serious issue as more and more people take the the web to find their future “somebodies”.
Unfortunately not everyone is on these dating sites to find a future somebody. Speaking from some of the experiences I’ve been told a lot of stories of people who use genuine dating site as a hook up, instead of the sites created to be a hook up site.
So a couple of tips from someone who has actually found her possible future someone online and has also had some interesting stories that she could share with you!
- Do not go to anybodies house, meet out in a public place and in mutual territory…Especially on the first date!
- Meet up somewhere where you can get out of a uncomfortable situation, quickly.
- On the first few dates let someone you know well and trust, where and when you are going on this date.
- Make sure you have a way to get home. Do not let them take you home, no matter how earnestly they offer.
- If someone automatically wants to meet up at their house on the second date, chances are they are only in it for one reason. Be honest, let them know it makes you feel uncomfortable and if they don’t offer another public place, or just quit speaking with you. They were clearly in it for one reason.
- If you feel uncomfortable in any situation, whether you are on a date or just chatting online with them, listen to your gut and stop the situation.
- As I mentioned before don’t be surprised if someone is using a genuine dating site, rather than a hookup site, to, infact, hook up.
Can you think of any other tips you would give to someone using an online dating site for the first time? Especially advice and hints to keep themselves safe?