To start off this Friday, I thought that a quick fun quiz might be a great way to start the day! Although to be honest, unless you’re from the UK of Aussieland, you might have no idea who these people are.
Which Character From The Mighty Boosh Are You?
This was my answer:
Over the past week my work has quietened down a bit so I have been able to voluntarily watch a bit more of the television. Lately the television stations have been a lot of shows from the past and it has been amazing! There is definitely truth in the saying “They just don’t make them like they used too”.
A lot of the shows that I’ve been watching as well are all comedies. Comedies are just my favourites. Let me refresh your memories and lets take a step back on a much “easier and kinder” time.
“Good Times” (ran from 74 – 79)
This show is a spinoff from the show “Maude” which was also a spinoff from “All in the Family”. The main premise of the show is two parents and three children living in a housing project in a poor black neighborhood. When I read more about the show I was a little surprised to learn that the show was originally meant to be more serious. It is a great comedy show though. I have never seen the show before and I was laughing through the whole way through.
“Who’s the Boss” (ran from 1984 – 1992)
Anthony Morton “Tony” Micelli (played by Tony Danza) is a former second baseman who was forced to retire due to a shoulder injury. He wants to move out of Brooklyn to find a better place for his daughter, Samantha (played the sweetheart Alyssa Milano). He ends up taking a job in up-scale location, as a live-in housekeeper for divorced advertising executive Angela Bower (played by Judith Light) and her son Jonathan. This was an interesting show as it portrayed a women/mother as the breadwinner (even though Danza and Lights characters didn’t date in the show until later). It was probably one of the first shows where this was the case and it was HILARIOUS!
The classic “Different Strokes” (ran from 1978 – 1986)
This show was based around two African American boys from Harlem who are taken in by a rich white businessman and widower and his daughter, for whom their deceased mother previously worked. Although this show is a comedy it has some extremely “hard core” topics, especially for it’s time. The main focus being about racism and in their personal lives all of the stars were hit with persona tragedy.
Over the weekend I was trying to help myself get over a “SundayFundayHangover” and my partner and I suddenly remembered that “Netflix” is now playing the full season of Fuller House. So we decided to give it a go.
First of all I’ll just start this review off by saying that we ended up playing the whole season in one go, so to me, that’s always a good sign and especially since we were laughing through the episodes was a good sign as well. The only downside that I could see with the new show is that I am worried for the show relying too much on making references from the past show. Even trying to make some of the regular reoccurring new characters like the old regular reoccurring characters.
Apart from that it’s actually a really good show. If this didn’t have the original tv show it would still actually work as a standalone show (they’d have to take out the flashback references though).
I just felt like I had to write this because I’ve been reading a lot of the reviews and they all sound bad. Except that most people seem to have never seen the original and somehow expected to just “get” the new show. The others seemed to have watched the original but they expected it to be the same. It’s not a Shakespeare play, it’s a cheesy comedy.
Okay so I’ve just recently turned 30…Happy Birthday to me! So I thought that I would share 30 facts with you, my blog readers =D Hopefully some will be unexpected:
- In nearly every single situation I prefer the bad guy over the good one. Except possibly not when it comes to Lord of the Rings and the Hobbit. I think it may be possible that those movies are the first that I prefer the good guys…Except for Iron Man.
- My best, best, BEST friend and I have known each other for more than half our lives and apart from my family she is the only other person to be in my life that long.
- I am one of those very annoying people that actually does like a bit of everything, music-wise
- Over probably the last 5 years I’ve started to realise that I am nothing like most of my friends. I have completely ways of seeing the world and it has made me feel incredibly lonely, BUT, I am meeting people now and am starting to believe in myself again.
- I am Doctor Who obsessed and I’ve started to watch the original series. People think that I know everything from the William Hartnell years, but I actually don’t.
- Ironically when I started my course to train to become a Librarian, I stopped reading. It’s only been since I started to volunteer at my local Library that I restarted again.
- While most people seem to freak out about rats, I have actually three pet rats and think that they are adorable (I still want a hamster, but they are illegal in Australia).
- I do things like meditation, reiki…I never try and force it down people’s throats though.
- I love to dance! Although I have not joined a local dance class or something like that, I have a lot of the dancing games on my xBox and I play them a couple of times a week.
- I don’t just have an xBox…I have an Star Wars xBox with a C3PO gold controller!
- I love watching Vlog’s, especially those ones of Cosplaying and am currently trying to set up one for this Blog!
- I love the crime channel and for the longest time I could not figure out why. I think it’s because I love that in all of the programs, they find their person and justice is done.
- Speaking of Justice, a role model of mine is Athena the Goddess of Wisdom, law and justice. When I was in High School, my ancient classical studies class was the only class I use to get A’s.
- I suffer from dyslexia and due to large classrooms, this went unnoticed through 99% of my schooling, until Year 12. Where my ancient classical studies teacher recognised and helped me. I know have exercises that help me cope. As annoying as it may be, I constantly I have to re-read everything.
- I am an animal lover, although not a vegetarian. When I was little my brother, cousins and I had a nature club and we took “care” of any animal that we could find. We found lizards, caterpillars, millipedes…Yes…everything!
- I have travelled overseas mainly to Arizona, I have also travelled to the UK. Once I get a well paying job I will be saving to go back there for at least one last time, for a long time. I don’t think it will be my very last time, but it will be for a long time.
- I love both coffee and tea…I have been experimenting with different teas and coffees this year, it has been a good time!
- I am organising my 30th party while I am writing this…I get really stressed out organising parties.
- I am an Facebook ‘addict’ but one of my resolutions to stay off of Facebook once a week, has been helping and I find that I am getting stuff done!
- Over the last year I have been changing, getting rid of and acquiring new things, so that I can have a more “grown up” bedroom. I think I have more toys (statues, figurines) than I ever have before!
- Before I started my studies I was a call centre operator, but I never ever want to do it again!
- Out of all my thirty years I have found this past year I have learnt the most about myself and have noticed huge changes for myself.
- I am more happier being single than when I am in a relationships. I seem to have more fun!
- I am more of a dog person than a cat person, but I love kittens!
- Apart from this year I have been back-stabbed about two weeks before my birthday parties. You can imagine how happy I am that this year didn’t happen!
- I think this year is definitely the year that I have learnt “It’s more important to have a few true friends than a lot of fake acquaintances”.
- I cannot stand romantic comedy movies, the only one I have ever enjoyed was “Love Actually”. I enjoy actual comedies, musicals and LOVE action films!
- Although I am a huge Disney fan I am probably the most realist idealist you will ever meet. Probably why I am still single, I’ve noticed a lack of honesty, compassion and open-mindedness these days. Which are probably the three most important values in any relationship.
- I am girl who does not love chocolate! Give me a packet of chips any day, I have to be in the mood for chocolate…Shocking, I know!
- Although I have just spent this past year trying to remodel my room and make it more ‘adult’ I have just gotten a whole tonne of presents which I have no clue what to do with!