Just a bit of a different Blog over the weekend (I don’t usually post over the weekend) Just to say a big Happy Chinese New Year! This year it’s the Year of the Rooster…I am a Rat =D
Chinese New Year 2017: Year of the Rooster, do’s and don’ts
This year I discovered new in that in Chinese astrology each zodiac year is associated with an animal sign, plus one of the five elements – so 2017 is the year of the rooster, and the element is fire. It’s apparently a rare combination and was last seen in 1957, and can have a good or bad outcome depending for those who are prepared to work hard.
One of the funny things is is that the first “Do” is to visit family and wish them prosperity and good fortune. The reason this is such a doable thing for me is I am already visiting my family today, to wish my cousin luck. Since he’s going to South America for 8 months. Don’t wear red if you’re a Rooster! Apparently that’s your unlucky colour.
Personally, I like the more Asian type “religions” or “Beliefs” I don’t really relate at all to the more first world and Western type religions. I don’t know why. I just prefer them, which probably sounds completely blase. I don’t mean any disrespect by sounding so blase about it. I’ve met with Buddhist monks before and participate in their ceremonies, mainly watching them. Maybe somewhere in my past lives I was a Monk…Or something similar.
What Chinese Astrology sign are you? Are you a Rooster? Do you celebrate Chinese New Year at all?
Share Your World Jan 17…Week 4
*Usually I post this on a Thursday afternoon. I’ve just had so many ideas for post this week, it’s kind of just gotten to Friday instead. All should return to normal next week*
Do you prefer juice or fruit?
Oh wow, this is a good one because I really do love both of them. Especially since it’s Summer here at the moment and during Summer I hate drinking hot drinks and love drinking cold drinks like Juices. I’d probably have to go with fruit though because I can have fruit whenever and there are some pieces of fruit I have all year round. Whereas with Juice, I tend to have to be in the mood to drink it.
Did you grow up in a small or big town? Did you like it?
I grew up in a small town and kind of still down. The capital city that I live in Australia is probably the smallest of the Capital Cities in Australia. Even when I went to Melbourne…Melbourne…I managed to STILL bump into someone from South Australia and not just that…We WORK in the same building!
If you were to paint a picture of your childhood, what colors would you use?
I think it was would be very magically relaxed. So probably lot of soft colours, probably lavenders, sky blues…Just think of Fairy and Unicorn colours, but nothing harsh.
Ways to Relax List: Make a list of what relaxes you and helps you feel calm.
- Listening to Celtic music…I just go somewhere with it.
- I love to colour in, it just helps me focus.
- A nice long shower, especially if the temperature is right!
- The Sims 4…It both helps me relax, but it can also stir me up.
- I love to dress up in costumes and wigs I have around the house, it’s just fun. I never post the pictures, but I do take a lot of them,lol
Sometimes you just find a awesome bunch of recipes that just make you want to try them all in THAT moment! I came accross these amazing recipes through Buzzfeed.:
21 Technicolor Treats That Will Make Your Mouth Water (Article written by:Krista Torres). These just look amazing, I have been trying to experiment this year with more different recipes and trying new thing. My mind is over imploding with all these new recipes, I can’t wait to try them.
There’s a couple I am really looking forward to making:
Homemade galaxy ice-cream (Maybe during summer, it’s Winter here).
D.I.Y Tie-Dye Smores
Please let me know if you try any of these!
Share Your World … Week 19
- You win a pet monkey but this isn’t just any old monkey. It can do one trick for you whenever you want from getting a pop out of the fridge to washing your hair. What would be the trick?Oh, my goodness, what a choice! It’d have to be something to do with when I suffer from my sciatica. It’s hard to get up and down. Maybe if they could just help me to get dress when I’m suffering from it? That would help so much! It gets really frustrating when I am used to getting dressed in 10 minutes and then it suddenly take 30 minutes with no warning.
- What caring thing are you going to do for yourself today?This might sound a little weird, I’m a casual where I work. So I don’t get set days, but I had a set work today. Sometimes the most caring thing I can do is go to work. I get money that helps me live not a rich life, but one where I can proudly help my family out with bills and food. Plus I am planning on having some junk food when I get home,lol
- What color do you feel most comfortable wearing?
I have to say that lately I have been wearing a lot of Red and it has been such a hit! I remember years ago somebody telling me that Red was my power colour and it’s definitely been proving itself worthwhile!
- Complete this sentence: When I travel I love to….
Look at the scenery. It’s one of the reasons I want to travel to Rome and Greece, it’s on my bucket list to see all of their ancient travels! I take a lot of photos of the scenery of a place.
Here are your questions for this week
What’s your favorite charitable cause and why?
I donate to a few, but the one that I love donating too is our Guide Dogs. I have a special soft spot to animals just in general, generally because they are way kinder than humans and they cannot speak to us, so we have to listen to them even harder. Animals can bring comfort and a special kind of friendship to those who are blind.
What color do you feel most comfortable wearing?
Oh this is an interesting, there are two colours that I feel most comfortable wearing. When I went to look nice but remain comfortable and more “inconspicuous” I like to wear Blue. When I want to stand out though, I love wearing Red. I have had many people say that “Red” is my colour.
If you had your own talk show, who would your first three guests be? (guest can be dead, alive, famous or someone you just know) Good Question! (Took me a while to think of some answers)
- My Great Grandfather, not only do I miss him SO much, but he had such an interesting mind! Very ahead of his time.
- Gene Kelly (just LOVE him).
- Oprah…I think she’s interviewed and covered the most interesting topics and people, she’s had an very interesting life. I believe she’s got a very interesting and open mind.
List: What are at least five places you’ve enjoyed visiting?
- Queensland, beautiful people and beautiful place…Always semi-warm too!
- Arizona and the UK (I’ve put these two together because I’ve family and friends in both these places).
- Our local Zoo … I know that Zoo’s keep getting a bad rap lately, but the really good Zoo’s (like my local one) are great educational and awareness tools!
- I love going to the beach when it’s nice and cool, not to hot and not too windy either!
- Then there’s my “secret place” it’s a couple of hours drive and when I go there I tend to stay the entire weekend.
Bonus question: What are you grateful for from last week, and what are you looking forward to in the week coming up?