If you follow moi on Instagram yesterday, you would have seen me post on the old Instagram of moi in some clothes from a “thrift shop” More namely ‘Save the Children’. I am surrounded by “thrift” shoppers and they always get these amazing things and deals. I don’t know why I haven’t gone into them more often! There’s a real nice one about a five minute walk from one of the places that I work at.
What I really love about Thrift/Charity shops is that the money is going to a different charity. Depending on where you shop obviously, some are for people, some are for your own countries, some help other countries, some help animals.
While I was waiting for a regular prescription, I decided to pop over to our local charity shop, and got a whole outfit for less then $10! I actually popped into see if they had a jar that I could have played with to make a “poison” bottle for my Wednesday Addams Halloween outfit.
Its been making me think though, since I went. What if I go to the more upmarket ones, I could probably find good gifts for Christmas? Even the little one near me had good enough stuff that I found a whole outfit, what if I took the time to actually look. I think of the stuff I have given to Charity for one reason or another, there’s something good stuff out there.
Who else is a “thrifty” shopper?
MACKLEMORE & RYAN LEWIS – THRIFT SHOP FEAT. WANZ (OFFICIAL VIDEO)
I thought that I’d would just randomly let people know about some fantastic charities that some people can donate their money too. You know, this is totally random…not aimed at anyone at all. I’ll just let you know as well though, this is purely Australian based charities.
Shelterbox – At this moment, round 85 million people around the world have been made homeless by natural disaster and conflict. ShelterBox Australia is working to change this.
3000Acres – Empowering communities with the skills and knowledge to grow fresh healthy food
International Anti-Poaching Foundation (IAPF) – non-profit organisation registered in Australia, predominately operating on the African continent
Little Heroes Foundations –
Today is the International Day of Charity.
What are the things you think of when you think Charity?
I think a lot of people when they hear “Charity” they usual hear ‘spend money on someone you will probably never met’. However there are ways to do Charity without spending either any money or very little!
Good question!…Mystery Lady
- We all know (well I assume we all know) that you can donate clothes, furniture etc to a wide variety of Charities and apart from maybe the gas to get to the stores, it doesn’t cost you a thing!
- Spare change? Consider putting some of it into one of the tubs of the people standing/sitting all day for their cause.
- Consider a clothes or book swap, with your friends, family, co-workers as well, or community. You can bake and even raise money that way bake and swap!
- It seems that every cancer has a charity for it. With each charity comes a “theme” night/day. Consider wearing jean for genes day, A lot of charities here, in Australia, and a lot of the women’s charities. They will movie nights, make up nights etc.
Do you have any suggestions?
You’re helping support Tax Appeal 2018 – Dymocks Children’s Charities
Dymocks – Help Support Dymocks Children’s Charities
You know after all these “celebrities” this week having all these squabbles on social media and then a couple of hours later proclaim how we should be all be “united” … I am extremely happy to see a ‘celebrity’ actually doing something useful and helpful this week.
Aussie DJ Ruby Rose to donate French music festival performance fee to #GiveforFrance fundraiser
Also she’s from Aussieland…I’m just saying =D
Here are your questions for this week
What’s your favorite charitable cause and why?
I donate to a few, but the one that I love donating too is our Guide Dogs. I have a special soft spot to animals just in general, generally because they are way kinder than humans and they cannot speak to us, so we have to listen to them even harder. Animals can bring comfort and a special kind of friendship to those who are blind.
What color do you feel most comfortable wearing?
Oh this is an interesting, there are two colours that I feel most comfortable wearing. When I went to look nice but remain comfortable and more “inconspicuous” I like to wear Blue. When I want to stand out though, I love wearing Red. I have had many people say that “Red” is my colour.
If you had your own talk show, who would your first three guests be? (guest can be dead, alive, famous or someone you just know) Good Question! (Took me a while to think of some answers)
- My Great Grandfather, not only do I miss him SO much, but he had such an interesting mind! Very ahead of his time.
- Gene Kelly (just LOVE him).
- Oprah…I think she’s interviewed and covered the most interesting topics and people, she’s had an very interesting life. I believe she’s got a very interesting and open mind.
List: What are at least five places you’ve enjoyed visiting?
- Queensland, beautiful people and beautiful place…Always semi-warm too!
- Arizona and the UK (I’ve put these two together because I’ve family and friends in both these places).
- Our local Zoo … I know that Zoo’s keep getting a bad rap lately, but the really good Zoo’s (like my local one) are great educational and awareness tools!
- I love going to the beach when it’s nice and cool, not to hot and not too windy either!
- Then there’s my “secret place” it’s a couple of hours drive and when I go there I tend to stay the entire weekend.
Bonus question: What are you grateful for from last week, and what are you looking forward to in the week coming up?
George Harrison! What a better way to start a Monday then listening to the beautiful, creative and intelligent music of George Harrison…Apparently (according to the internet anyway) this week is “George Harrison” Tribute week.
George was my favourite Beatles and I always loved his songs the best, even when I didn’t realise he was the one who wrote them! George was definitely underrated as a song writer in the Beatles. One of my favourite songs that he wrote was “Here Comes the Sun” and I cannot even tell you how many time I have listened to that song after a huge disappointment and it makes me feel so much better. George Harrison was such a sweet human being and he worked with so many charities…Please check out George Harrison’s Official Website…
George Harrison Official Website
Enjoy Your Day!
Recording Date: 6th/7th June 1987