…Well not exactly yet, except it’s no another 354 days until the next Halloween again … Already there’s Christmas every where, well actually I could have sworn that they started advertising it as early as September. We’re not big on Halloween here in Australia, I even bought treats for the trick and treaters…We had none, yeah I was disappointed…We have so much chocolate! I don’t even like chocolate that much,lol. (I was Miss Beetlejuice)
I hope that you all had a fun and, more importantly, safe Halloween…I know that America is where Halloween originated from, but I’m unsure as to what other countries may celebrate it. The other one that I am aware of is Day of the Dead, celebrated largely through Mexico.
So I thought that I’d share a few photos with you from my weekend. One of the foods that I made that was such a hit and I would definitely make it again is Candy Corn Popcorn…It is really sweet and extremely easy to make!
Recipe for Candycorn Popcorn
500 grams Candy Corn
225 grams white chocolate melts
1 Bag popped popcorn (flavour is up to you…I choose Johnnys Sweet &Salty)
- Place the popped popcorn and candy corn in a very large bowl (you’ll need plenty of room to stir popcorn).
- Melt the white chocolate melts in the microwave in 30 second increments, stirring after each time, until melted. OR Heat a small saucepan of water to boil, bring down to a simmer, place a small glass bowl on top of saucepan (making sure that it doesn’t fall in) and place white chocolate into glass bowl, watching and stir as it melts.
- Drizzle the melted white chocolate over the popcorn and candy corn and stir to coat each piece of popcorn.
- Pour the mixture over wax paper and spread into an even layer.
- Allow to cool in the fridge for at least 15-30 minutes.
- Break into pieces