Writing my Heart out – Sunshine Blogger Award
Thank you to Writing my Heart out for the nomination (sorry it took so long!) You should really all go and have a read, because they are truly writing from their heart!
The Rules For Sunshine Blogger Award
- Thank to the person that nominated you.
- Link the post back to them.
- Display the picture on your post.
- Answer their questions.
- Nominate 10 bloggers.
- Provide 11 questions for your nominees.
- Why do you write blogs?
When I first started, I wasn’t exactly sure why I was keeping up with it. Even now, I’m not sure. I have a very random Blog. I don’t seem to have a “type”. Whatever I’m writing though seems to be keeping people interested and they keep reading. I guess I’m writing as well to show people that you don’t to have a “set theme” either. Just writing to reach out and reach out to others, keeps me coming back. I have found the nicest people writing my Blog.
2. What are Top 5 lessons you’ve learned in your life?
- If ANY relationship is not working well (toxic) for you anymore, no matter how long you’ve known the person. Speak with them first and if nothing changes, move on. It’s alright.
- If you, also for any reasons, can’t work in your dream career. Make sure that the job you are in, you at least like the people you work with.
- I believe dark times will reveal who you are, but also, those people around you too.
- Furbabies ARE family, they can be so much better than humans. Animals in general, don’t underestimate them!
- There will always be that one paragraph on your Word document that just will not format properly, like the rest!
3. Are you an Introvert or an Extrovert?
Oh definitely an Introvert, especially when I’m around people I don’t know or know that well. I explain myself like this: When I’m getting to know you or first meet you, I am a Fluttershy. When I know you well, I am Pinkie Pie. Yes, that is a My Little Pony reference.
4. Who’s your favourite Music band?
I don’t really have a favourite band, I just like what I like. I like everything from Enya, to Metallica, to Eminem (sometimes).
5. What’s best book you’ve read & like to recommend others?
Oh gosh! This is a huge list to choose from! I might just choose from one that I’ve read from this year. I am still in love with “Circe” written by Madeline Miller. I love it so much I am going to ask for it for Christmas and if I don’t get I’ll buy it anyway.
6. What’s best life advice you ever got from someone?
It’s not really advice, it’s more of a “knowing”…Knowing that I’ve got help around me, I just need to reach out and ask.
7. Name your favourite festival.
I haven’t gone to a musical festival in a couple of years, my favourite WAS Soundwave and I got to see Metallica…AMAZING!!! They actually had Linkin Park first and there were amazing too. However, I am a big Nerd. So I love all the “Cons”. I just wish I lived in America, so I could go to the San Diego one! It’s on the bucket list.
8. Describe moment when you were proud of yourself.
Even though we ended up not being friends anymore. I am proud of myself that I stood up and told my “best friend” of half my life. That her boyfriend is abusive and a bully and she can do better. I think this was the third or fourth time they had broken up and when I heard he had pushed her while they were drunk, that was it. The ONLY thing I regret I have, was not to saying to her when she would say to me “I know you don’t like him” was “What is there too like?”.
9. Which is that one movie which has inspired you the most?
I’m not sure about inspired, but I guess I also do…lol…All of the Lord of the Rings and the Hobbits…It inspires me and with one simple quote…
10. Are you a health conscious or a food freak?
Only when I have to be, if that makes any sense? This last and past year with everything that happened to myself and others in my life (My Dad had a triple bypass, a friend who is a year younger than I, had a heart attack etc) You do start to become more aware.
11. If you have read my blogs , what’s your favourite blog written by me ?
I do read your Blogs! My favourite had to be Music: My escape This is mainly because I can relate to it so much.
My Questions to my Nominees
- If money was no object, what would you be doing on the first day? (Or I guess right now) Would you be working in your dream career?
- If it wasn’t completely morally (and sometimes illegally) wrong to keep a wild animal, which one would you want to keep?
- What would be your favourite Mythical pet to have?
- What is the hardest and the best life lessons you’ve learnt?
- As my therapist asked me my first session, are you a worrier or a warrior?
- What is your meaning of life?
- What is the one thing you would love to be able to “do” to make the world a better place?
- How do you, or would like to, spread kindness?
- What advice would you like to give to beginner bloggers (or just blogging advice in general)
- What is one thing people might find surprising to learn about you?
- What do you think is your personal proudest moment, feel free to brag!
- This is my Truth Now
- Sparks from a Combustible Mind
- Musings from a Tangled Mind
- Kindness Blog
- How my heart speaks
- Victorious Pages
- Another Book in the Wall
- The Tony Burgess Blog
- Bereaved Single Dad