You’re probably thinking “Wait, you’re not writing something fun on your birthday” My dear friends and readers, this day is not over. I love to learn, so I learnt about Birthdays. We just take for granted we get one. How did they start? What does it mean? Numerology? Star Signs? There are some many things that take place on a Birthday.
- “Happy Birthday To You” is the most popular song in the English language. But be careful the next time you sing it, it’s copyrighted!
- August is the most popular birth month, accounting for nearly 9 percent of all birthdays in the world.
- On the other hand, the month with the least amount of birthdays is February.
- In 1997, Paul McCartney’s birth certificate became the most expensive birth certificate in the world, when it sold at an auction for $84,146!
- Speaking of candles… the first birthday cake with candles was had in 18th century Greece.
- Europeans were the first ones to use noisemakers on someone’s birthday, as they thought it would help keep evil spirits away.
- William Shakespeare died on his 52nd birthday — April 23, 1616.
- Early Christians viewed birthday celebrations as pagan in nature.
- In China, a newborn is considered age 1. Thus, a 1-year-old in the West, as well as most other parts of the world, would be aged 2 years in China.
There is a site that you can visit to find out what happened on your birthday: MyBirthdayFacts
What is numerology?
Definition: Numerology is the pseudoscientific belief in a divine or mystical relationship between a number and one or more coinciding events.
A lot of Numerologists will use the numbers of the dates of your birthday, to give you a more spiritual type belief of who you are. It’s kind of similar to Astrology (your birth signs). You use the numbers of your date of birth, to figure out your life path number. Which is usually a single digit.
Each life path number has a different meaning.
It is calculated by adding up the numbers in your full date of birth.
For example, April 4th 1992, would be 4 + 4 = 8. Then the 1992 is broken down as 1 + 9 + 9 + 2 = 21.
Now you add the two digits of 21 together like 2 + 1 = 3.
This is the same with any double-digit numbers which you should keep adding together until you end up with a 1 digit number.
Example: 19 becomes 1 + 9 = 10, then 1 + 0 = 1). Finally, add the 8 and 3 together for your life path number i.e. 8 + 3 = 11.
So take today, as an example
2+9 = 11
2+0+2+2 = 6
6+4+11 = 21 – 2+1 = 3