Technically, it’s the last “calendar” day of Autumn, and the Southern Hemisphere is now heading into it’s Winter. I think weather-wise, Winter starts on a particular day.
15. Things you like Spring/Autumn (it’s Autumn here at that time)
I’m just going to start with saying that it’s actually Autumn here at the moment, instead of Spring like it is overseas. Spring is probably my favourite month of the year though, Winter is gone and it’s not yet really hot like it is in Summer.
- Well my Birthday month is within Autumn…So that’s always a great start to the season.
- I love seeing all the browning leaves on the ground and even though I’m an adult, I love to kick at them.
- It starts making for the start of cuddling weather.
- I can finally start wearing my gorgeous jumpers and coats again.
- Easter is here…Although over the years I’ve gotten less and less chocolate, which is fine, because I never ate it…We have a lot of public holidays which means seeing family and friends. Before nesting in for the Winter.
I HATE Winter, I swear it’s been so cold this year and I know that last weekend we had one of our coldest days is quiet a few years. This year has been particularly rough though. Last weekend was cold in Melbourne and when I came home it was freezing, much colder than Melbourne, which was odd. This weekend I spent the weekend with my partners family and I was freezing.
What do you all like to do when it’s cold? Generally if I’m by myself I’ll cuddle up with a blanket and luckily my puppy means that she loves sitting on my lap and is like a little water bottle. This weekend was horrible because there was no heating in the little granny flat we were in and it got below 0! I don’t deal well with the cold and I hate not being able to have a little heater around to just take the edge off while I get changed. My bones and everything just hurt. I hate it…
This is mainly a rant blog because it’s so cold and now I’m home and all warm and it does feel magical. I feel my body coming to life again.
Are you, my dear readers, a Winter or a Summer person…Or even a Spring or Autumn person?