I am choosing to do this on the next Sunday, after this post was posted by the beautiful Sadje.
What do people incorrectly assume about you?
Where do I even start with this one? Haha … I guess the biggest assumption that people make about me, is that I have never been angry person. Clearly you all know, especially lately that I can easily angry. Generally because people are just not thinking of others.
I was an angry teenager, as I’ve gotten older I understand why. But even now, a lot of people assume that I just never get angry. I wasn’t a violent teenager, just a lot of grumpy moods and a lot of yelling and slamming doors. I use to LOVE slamming doors! It really was the only way that people, especially those I lived with at the time…not naming names, haha…To notice me at all.
There was a girl who said too me that if I was ever angry, you know you’ve done something wrong. About two years later she was joining in on cyber bullying me, lol.
People who judge others for being “unaware” (while knowing nothing about a person) for taking selfies while having a bunch of selfies themselves…Are the weirdest people of all!lol
“You should never assume. You know what happens when you assume. You make an ass out of you and me because that’s how it’s spelled.” Ellen DeGeneres
One thing I have noticed lately about people having discussion is that there is a lot of assuming going on.
- Assuming that people have had the same education as you
- Assuming people just “should know”.
- Assuming that people have had the same life experiences as you, so should just “know.
- Assuming because someone doesn’t have the same background as you, they don’t “know”.
Did you know?
- Only half of the worlds populations even has the Internet. Asia has the highest amount of users, Europe is second. That one shocked me! Internet World Stats. My country isn’t even in the Top 20. (2016)
- Some researchers believe that by 2015-2016 2 billion people will have a computer or a smart phone.
- 774 million people around the world can’t even read. Good Reading Magazine January 2017.
This quote feels appropriate for this week…Especially with everything that has been in the internet from Harambe to the Johnny Depp, Amber Heard situation. Just try to remember people we don’t know everything…I can’t even begin to mention how many “celebrities” have suddenly become Gorilla ‘experts’. If you are going to listen to anyone, please listen to the actual experts in this field!
“You should never assume. You know what happens when you assume. You make an ass out of you and me because that’s how it’s spelled”. Ellen Degeneres