Okay, it’s time for some real talk! If you read as much as I do, you are bound to find annoying or unrealistic patterns in books that are enough to make your eyes roll. Surprisingly, I tend to find these things in YA books more than in any of the other genres. And YA is…
via 5 ANNOYING THINGS IN BOOKS — Read and Seek
I read a post recently and I had to unfollow the Blogger and her posts, but it was for a very unusual reason. I have this weird “thing” (don’t know if you would call it a habit or what) but when someone groups a bunch of people together or says something like “the majority of people on this post/blog” etc. It instantly turns me off, as a lot of the times I haven’t actually agreed with what the writer has even written.
For more a perspective on what I’m talking about I will give people a bit of a warning and a heads up. If you don’t like “wolf-whistling” turn away now!!! …
I don’t get morally outraged at a wolf whistle, I just don’t and sometimes it has made my day. For example, I had an ex who was literally telling me I should be more like the other girls “I should dress more like this girl” or “Why can’t you do your nails like this girl”. So you know one time I went for a walk and I got wolf-whistled by a guy. Just me, just little old why-can’t-I-be-like-all-the-other-girls got wolf whistled and I am not ashamed to say that it made me feel better and I went home that day instead of staying with the guy who thought I should be like the “other girls”. I am now with a guy who makes me feel so beautiful that when someone does wolf whistle me it doesn’t phase me.
Now guaranteed if some person wolf whistled and said “Show me your t&its” I would think that person is gross, but I would just keep walking, it wouldn’t upset my day. It makes me feel “unwomanly” though when other woman get morally outraged at me that I don’t get offended by it. I just don’t. I think there are definitely worse things you can say to a woman than a wolf whistle. I just don’t let strangers affect me? I am more affected by my boyfriend telling me that I should be somebody else.
Back to the topic, even in High School I was like that. I might be showing my age by sharing this with you all by when everyone else like Taylor Hanson, I liked Isaac. When everyone else like Nick Carter, I liked Brian. I think that it’s one of my weirdest thought patterns.
I want there! Two weeks (one fortnight) until Christmas … That’s 13 shopping days! I am surprised by how well I’ve done this year (for the first time in forever).
So I was nominated by the always funny “Thumbup” to participate in a challenge…
Pretty much I will list 10 things I hate and then 10 things that I love.
Guess which list I’m going to go with first!…10 things I…
- My puppy…I just LOVE her, sometimes you just connect with an animal
- The live web feed that I watch, it’s like a drug for me! It always makes me feel better…Except when a kill happens!lol
- I love my family
- I love Nacho Cheese Dorito chips and Lasagne!
- I love when the temperature in the shower is just right during Winter.
- Blogging! =P Seriously though, it’s been such a freeing experience!
- My friends, family and boyfriend, hehe
- Writing just in general, I’ve started to get back into that recently.
- Music…Especially when I can find the music that fits my mood exactly.
- Open fire places…Lovely…Maybe not so much during Summer though,lol
Now for 10 things I hate…
- People who lie…and THEN wont up to own up to it, even with overwhelming evidence in their face!
- Guys who call themselves a “good guy” by doing something jerky and then calling me a crazy bitch because I refuse to call them a “good guy”
- People who gossip behind your back and wont own up to it.
- This isn’t a “hate thing” but it annoys me crazy! People who make the comment “Who Cares”…Get off the article!
- Food posing!
- Not being able to figure out why I’ve suddenly gotten sick lately!
- That the place I’ve been volunteering at for 3yrs wont give me an actual job, but my classmates are getting jobs after being there for two weeks and no one will tell me what the problem is!
- I hate…Hate!
- Anyone who hurts anyone I care about.
- People who hurt animals and children! That’s a whole different kind of wrong!