I was discussing with a few people about animals, that the majority of people might find scary or disgusting, or not “usual”, but we find kind of cute. I’ve posted some gifs below of some of the animals.
What can you break even if you don’t touch it? (yes there is a real answer to this. I’ll reveal it in the next week sometime. Still, answer how you would like – no right or wrong answer)
Is it a heart? That seems to easy! It’s a heart, isn’t it?
What’s the most useful thing you own?
I have no idea,lol…My handbag I suppose? I can put a lot of things in there. People make fun of me, whenever I get a new handbag. Others always pay me out and call my bags the “Mary Poppins” bag.
What’s The Silliest Reason You’ve Ever Gotten Into A Fight With Someone Over?
Steak. We were supposed to get Chinese food, but my brother wanted chilly steaks. I can’t eat chilli, never have. Anyways, because he’s the Prince, we had to have the steak. I was struggling to eat it, because I can’t eat chilli…BOTH my mum and my brother called me fake! So I said “Yes, I’m fake. I have, in fact, been able to eat chilli my whole life. When I was born I said to myself that I’m going to fake my whole life, not being able to eat chilli, just for this moment”. Everyone made sure he was okay -.-
If You Were A Snake, How Long Would You Want To Be? No, size does not matter. 😛
I would want to be a long python. Probably because I’m short and they are long,lol.
Gratitude and/or uplifting? Please share. We can all use some of those.
That #IrunwithMaud is trending worldwide. We are all connected.
Share Your World 04/20/2020
In your opinion what animal is the most majestic?
This is such a hard question bring down to one. There are so many different ways an animal is majestic. I think that the Giraffe, is long, elegant and lean. When you see a huge elephant tusker walk, that is majestic. A lion’s mane can be majestic when they are well taken care of. HOW DO YOU CHOOSE!lol…The coat of a melanistic colour variant of any Panthera, particularly of the leopard. I’m going to go with a black panther…
What seemingly innocent question makes you think “It’s a trap!”?
“What do you think”…lol…Because as soon as you don’t say what they want you to say, that’s it. Especially at the moment! Then when you don’t say that they want to hear, they try to have a go at you, and that it was just their opinion, don’t attack them…blah blah blah,lol
What weird potato chip flavor that doesn’t exist would you like to try? (NOTE: Potato chips are called ‘crisps’ over the pond in the UK and Europe, I think. Thanks to Sandmanjazz for reminding me we all don’t speak the same English! 😆 )
Hmm…I can’t think of any, I like all the flavours I’ve tried. I wonder if they could put together lightly salted chips and chocolate, as a flavour though. Not a chip covered in chocolate, but just the flavour. I just love chocolate and lightly salted chips/crisps/fries.
Gratitude Section (optional)
Share some gratitude with people if you like. Images are certainly appropriate!
*I am doing a HUGE trigger and sensitive subject warning here. I’m going to be talking about rape, on humans and animals*
There are several dog/cat/animal foster accounts that I follow on Instagram. A lot of them are about disabled animals. Or in the cases of farming type animals, they escaped, or they were being treated badly. I also follow a couple of fox accounts, ones that have been saved from being furred.
One of them who which were talking about how they saved a puppy, not even a dog, but a puppy. Some monster had raped it, and broken it’s back. Right now, they’re trying to see what they can do. They don’t think they can it’ll ever fully heal, but because it’s young, it might be able to get some strength. What disturbed me as well, this person will get away with it! In Mexico, there are few animal protection laws. So they know who did this, but nothing will done.
It disturbs me, because not many countries have fantastic animal protections Laws. Even when they do, they are not always enforced. It disturbs me for obvious big reasons, how long before these monsters take it out on humans? It’s why I think Animal Protection Laws HAVE to be taken far more seriously.
How long before they get bored, or want to get more “dangerous” You don’t need to be a Freudian to know that people who harm animals in anyway are psychotic. So why aren’t protection for animals taken more seriously? It seems like a natural progression. People who rape, kill and harm animals, guess where the next step is. They’re getting away with it now, how long before they get “bored”. Which is why I don’t get it.
Animals, children and babies, are our most innocent. Too me raping an animal, is no different to raping a child or a baby. Neither can defend themselves, and they have no idea what’s going on. They end up horribly injured…So WHY, aren’t we doing more to protect…well, animals. There is nothing normal at all about raping an animal (let alone general rape). Even if they had them on a watch list or something. Something similar to what they have for terrorists, or sex offenders list! You watch them stop doing it once they’re on a list like that! How is raping an animal, not a sex crime?
…is the Maiden of Fair Spirit, Quote:My Gran
My coworkers and I were talking, as one does, and we were talking about what “dream” animals we would want as a pet. We’re not talking about your usual Lion and Tiger. More like your Dragons and Mermaids, and then combine them together. So you make a whole new animal.
It got myself wondering what would your dream animal be?
I don’t know what I was more sad by. That we’ve lost about 95% of these animals, or the 100% main reason for their extinction is because of us!
No, not “that” Bat.
Bats have gotten such a bad wrap over the years. Myths and legends, like Vampires, have been based on Bats for centuries. They’ve been blamed for the spreading of rabies. Yes, Bats can have a real weird and alien like appearance, but they are actually quiet docile and quiet mammals. Just doing what bats do.
- Bats belong to the order Chiroptera, not Rodentia; they’re actually more closely related to primates than they are to rodents.
- Their bug-eating prowess is carries economic importance. A recent study showed that bats provide “nontoxic pest-control services totalling $3.7 billion to $53 billion per year.” Bats also pollinate plants and distribute seeds, and their droppings—called guano—are used as fertiliser.
- Three of the roughly 1200 existing bat species are vampire bats, and none of them live in the United States or Canada (probably in Australia). Those bats mostly feed on cattle.
- If they do have rabies, it’s different than in raccoons or foxes. Rabies-infected bats become paralysed, can’t fly or roost. If you see a bat on the ground that is behaving weirdly, just stay clear.
- Bats wont make a next in your hair, they’d don’t really make nests to begin with.
- At the Des Moines concert, a bat was hurled at Ozzy Osbournes feet, where it laid stunned by the bright stage lights. Ozzy, thinking it was made of rubber, bit its head off and learned quickly that it was real. Who brings a LIVE bat to a show?
Well, in Australia it is.
Annually, August the 10th is World Lion Day.
I’ll list a couple of facts, but the King of the…Jungle?
- A lioness group is called a pride.
- A group of male lions is called a coalition.
- While Lionesses do most of the hunting, male lions will help with a kill when they are nearby.
- Both males and females have a very powerful roar that can be heard up to 8 km (5 mi.) away.
- The more voluminous the mane, the greater the appeal of the male.
*Maybe he’s born with it*
- African lions are considered vulnerable of extinction by the IUCN Red List
- Distemper is spread to lions by neighbouring village dogs as well as hyenas.
- Since Mufasa and Scar were brothers and there is not mention of another male lion, or Scar being Nala’s Uncle…Nala and Simba are, at the very least, cousins. If not half brother and sister. In reality “Simba” would never taken over, he would have been eventually chased off.
- Lions don’t tend to live in Jungles, they can be found in Africa south of the Sahara and in Northwest India.
- African Lions are called…well African Lions and Indian Lions are called Asiatic Lions.
Published on 24 Mar 2015
I think Ants are fascinating creatures, annoying and probably considered pests to a lot. But I just love watching them.
The other day accidentally spilled water on a group of them, I honestly didn’t know they were in the sink. So very quickly I tried taking them out of the water, I think there were about 20 of them. And all apart from two of them were fine. The most interesting part was there were some that I thought hadn’t made it and slowly they revived.
So I was asked the other day why the elephants that the Kardashians were riding, weren’t from a sanctuary when the place says “Sanctuary”.
It’s really not a complicated situation. Just because someone calls themselves something, does automatically make it true.
The BEST way to tell if someone is a real sanctuary, is this. It’s all how they treat the animals. If they’re still letting people ride elephants, if the animals are being “petted”, usually still by the public. Elephants don’t naturally have anything on their backs, maybe birds. But people, we are not birds. You can tell yourself you weigh as little as bird, you don’t. If you do, you’re probably dead. Not sorry Kardashians.
Too get people onto the backs of elephants. Elephants, usually from a very young age, are whipped with bull hooks. SO WHILE some of these “sanctuaries” may brag they have rescued these elephants. Continuing these “tradition” doesn’t sound very sanctuary-like, does it? I don’t even think that they are still whipping the elephants. Doesn’t change that the elephants are probably still quiet frightened it’s going to happen. How are they supposed to know it wont?
Simply: If the public/celebrities are still being allowed to play and touch with the animals. It’s a no no to being a sanctuary. There are some good sanctuaries out there.
GG Conservation – The workers sometimes work with the animals when something needs to be done. Their animals tend to be special cases, and could never be released back into the wild.