I had an “interesting” conversation with an American, and again, saw how Americans have no idea about their own History.
The topic came up about the 1Amendment is outdated, old and didn’t include everyone. Of course this white American just had to speak up and say “I don’t think you understand the Constitution”.
Let’s take a quick little look:
The Constitution (including the 1A) was written in 1787 (I think) Americans still had slaves. Was this AMERICAN saying that slaves had the right to free speech? I don’t think that’s how it worked.
The 13th amendment was passed by Congress on January 31, 1865, and ratified by the required 27 of the then 36 states on December 6, 1865, and proclaimed on December 18. So from 1787 until 1865, having a slave was legal.
Then too finish the Civil Rights Act wasn’t about until the 1960’s.
Basically what this AMERICAN was saying that in 1787ish…Slaves had Free Speech.
1) It is about Guns
2) It is about a President who blames “mental health” and then destroys the mental health system…To get back at the previous President…Because the current President has a maturity of a 5 year old…and even 5 year olds have more compassion!
3) It is about the clear anger that is in America
4) It is about more than ONE issue.
5) How dare ANYONE blame the students, parents and School who were the VICTIMS of an extremely broken system, and tell them to “shut up”…HOW VERY DARE YOU!
6) Anyone who wants to an assault rifle to protect their family…Who have you pissed off enough to warrant that?
7) When it’s your time to go, it’s your time…If you are a responsible gun owner, then your guns should be locked away anyways…What, you think someone who breaks in is going to allow you to grab your gun?
8) In fact the Constitution has been amended at least 27 times.
9) No one except the military…Needs a military gun
10) Protecting Guns over Children’s lives…In anti-god, anti-love, anti-everything good.
I hope students EVERYWHERE walk out on April the 20th…