So, like a lot of others in the world. Some places are starting to loosen up restrictions. Which means YAY and also NAY for some.
Now, if you’re like me. When my state first had it’s restrictions loosened, I really struggled to head out. When I did, I couldn’t be quiet, but my energy was depleted really quickly.
So, Lolsys Library, what can we do if we want to celebrate Pride, but don’t really want to go out? Or you’re not ready to head yet and PAR-TAY! What can you do?
There are plenty of options!
- Tune into any virtual Pride events and stream!
- While you’re streaming, why not make some rainbow treats! – Delish cooking
- Why not listen to some LGBT friendly podcasts?!
- Borrow, or even better, buy books. That are about the LGBTQIA life, written by LGBTQIA authors.
- Support LGBT Pride Businesses.
- Some suggestions have been to find a LGBTQIA colouring book. I think it’s fine though with any colouring in book. Especially if you have colouring in books, that are just patterns. I have a few that are “dream animals” type patterns. However, clearly during this month, specific LGBT colouring in books would be preferable. – Coloring Book Addict (Pride LGBTQ+ Coloring Books)
- Writing about colouring in…Why not do some LGBT friendly art!
- When you go to shops, wear those rainbows and rainbows colours!
Share Your World 01/27/20
1. What age would you like to live to?
It depends on the quality of life, if I’m 90 and still going strong, great. If I’m 60 and not doing well, I’d want to keep living, but become a lot easier on myself. I often thought about this when my Grandfather, who had emphysema contract the MRSA hospital bug. One of those little suckers go right into the hole of his lungs, and he could live, but be in hospital the rest of his life. The antibiotics only ever getting to the outside of the virus, so it was never going to disappear. He decided to stop taking the antibiotics, so he ended up dying a lot earlier than he should have. The damn hospital still put his death as emphysema, as they didn’t want to have another MRSA death.
2. What mystery do you wish you knew the answer to?
How people think, especially at the the moment. I think the thing that scares me the most, is how quickly people seem to “fall” into cults and thinking, like Trump supporters. They’ve spent their entire lives following God, and then it’s only been 3 and a bit years.
3. Does absolute power corrupt absolutely?
It seems too!
4. What outdoor activity haven’t you tried, but would like to?
I have always wanted to try skiing, but I am to frightened and I am so noT coordinated,lol
GRATITUDE SECTION (Not mandatory)
Please free free to share some gratitude from your world!
Well my Mum actually has freaked me out this morning, so I am grateful she is still here. Even though she completely has now scared me.
Linkedin – Activities you can do at your local library for free!
You should check out what you can do at yours!
These are just some of the things that my local Libraries do:
- Chess Club
- Helping the elderly with technology
- Reading Challenges
- Family Histories
- Some of the Libraries have PlayStation consoles…with games
Every year 26th of January is Australia’s Australia Day and since I am a proud Australian, I am celebrating the best way that I can without actually going out anywhere.
Australia Day Website
It probably may came a shock to little, especially with all that’s been happening this past year, that there is a huge debate in Australia right now and whether or not we should change the date. This is because the Indigenous people of Australia do not see it as a day that is celebratory, but rather they call it “”Invasion Day” and I do not blame them for it at all. You see Australia Day is celebrated on the 26th because, it marks the anniversary of the 1788 arrival of the First Fleet of British Ship, in Port Jackson, New South Wales. It wasn’t actually until 1901 that it was called “Australia Day”. Before that it had various names such as: “Anniversary Day”, “Foundation Day”, and “ANA Day”
For one I don’t mind the date being changed, just as long as it still is within Summer…Too me beaches and Summer are just “Australian”. I even heard a name for the new day that I liked “The Spirit of Australia”…I don’t know, it just had a ring for me.
However I feel especially proud to be an Australian today. Apart from the hard right hater type folks, I feel very safe here. I am actually more frightened of my Aussies who are all “Send them back” types, mainly because they inflict and aggravate SO much hate and fear, that I feel more unsafe to be around a group of them than any of our modern “invaders”. They tend to be the ones who cause more fights, though all we mainly hear about the people they want to send people back…Even if they are just as “naturally” Australian as they are…It’s aggravating.
Someone should remind them of their Australia National Anthem:
I am so glad that this day has fallen on another edition of “Magical Monday” what could possibly be more of a magical day than a harmonious one?!
Harmony Day (well this particular one) is only really celebrated throughout Australia and throughout Australian Schools. Please go and have a look at the website “Harmony Day 2016 (Australia) and see how you can join and/or any activities that you can participate in. As the website itself says:
“It’s about inclusiveness, respect and a sense of belonging for everyone. It is a day for all Australians to embrace cultural diversity and to share what we have in common. The central message for Harmony Day is that ‘everyone belongs’, reinforcing the importance of inclusiveness to all Australians.”
Harmony seems to be harder and harder to come by these days. To me, there is a lot of fear going around lately and a lot of putting people into their boxes, that others think they should be put into. I’m Australian and a wave of dread went through me when a certain Presidential Candidate announced if he didn’t get voted in, there would be riots…What kind of candidate says that?!
If you had a shelf for your three most special possessions (not including photos, electronic devices and things stored on them, people or animals), what would you put on it?
- Would have to be my special figurines. I have a couple from the Jim Shore.
- There are couple of pieces of jewellery that I have either gotten for people (in memoriam) or been given that I treasure.
- I have a few favourite books as well that I’ve had for years. Whenever I “re-find” them in a box I am just so happy.
If you had a box labelled ‘happiness’, what would you put in it?
Oh my goodness, what a great question! If it’s just a box, I would have so many photos in there. Possibly some favourite pieces of jewellery. Bookmarks and some of my favourite pens, maybe a wig or two,lol.
What do you want more of in your life?
I want a more steady job with more of a steady income. It’s getting really frustrating not knowing how many shifts I’m getting coming in and so I don’t always know how much money I’m getting coming in. If I could have that, I swear everything in my life would be pretty much perfect.
Daily Life List: What do you do on an average day? Make a list of your usual activities you do each day.
- Take all my medication (at the moment it’s all just natural stuff, nothing serious).
- Depending where I am a cuddle with either my puppy or my partners cat (he’s a weird cat, he really loves to cuddle,lol).
- Probably some Blogging of course.
- I usually will play some kind of computer game, even if it’s only for a little while.
- I will usually watch either Petes Phone (Ustream) or Djuma Cam (Ustream). Especially on the days that I miss the safari live drives. They are pretty much now a great form of meditation for me. I’ll just have one of them on in the background.
What do you do to make a living or during the day if you are retired. If you are a student what are you studying?
My main source of income is through working our local Tafe (which is kind of like America’s College’s). It’s only casual work so I can go from working all five days to no shifts at all. Since they’ve hired a bunch of new casuals, I’m getting even less shifts than I did before. So I’m looking for something else now. I also do Volunteering and I just finished my studies. It’s been really weird not having any homework, so now I’m doing more crafts. Hopefully will be able to make money from it if I get good enough!
Have you ever participated in a distance walking, swimming, running, or biking event? Tell your story.
No, I know a LOT of people who do those sorts of things every year. However, because I don’t have a license I walk around a lot. I also have a xBox Kinect and I play a lot of dancing games on there.
What is usually your first thought when you wake up?
It honestly depends where I wake up,lol…My partners bed actually gives me a bad back,lol. So when I wake up at his house I tend to be in a little bit of pain. When I wake up at my house, I can’t lie, I feel good,lol.
Complete this sentence: Look out behind you, it’s a …