Over the weekend I hope that you got to see the very awesome that is Zola the Gorilla! If not here he is.
Uploaded by: TIME
Originally uploaded by: Dallas Zoo
I thought that it was a fantastic little video, and according to animal experts it shows that he is comfortable and content.
However, of course, all the “Zoo’s are jail” people tweeters came out. Now I am watching Safari Live and just my whole life. There is nothing better than seeing an animal in the Free, just roaming down, doing what they do best. However, I also understand Zoo’s, not all Zoo’s mind you are good for conservation and people (mainly children) getting their ever first sighting of a “real animal” rather than on a screen. Also a lot of animals in Zoo’s are rescued from other areas where humans have come in caused destruction.
What I cannot stand though are those people who tweet and say how terrible it is, but that’s it…Unless you have no heart, I think we can all agree that we’d prefer them to be out in the wild. But what does it help if you constantly tweet things, and then that’s it? Does it make them feel better that we all can agree they deserve to be in the wild? What exactly what do they achieve, other than some kind of smugness?
Zola the Gorilla is well taken care, happy and safe…and teaching hundreds of people about them. A lot better off than some others out there and your “tweet” does pretty much stuff all…Unless you DO something! If you asked Zola I’m sure he’d wonder why if you’re so upset about it, the best you can do is a “tweet” for him?
What’s your opinion? Do you have any suggestions or idea on what could help?
Continuing with my theme from Monday: The “Art” of Lying
For the first time in a long time I have nothing to do this weekend and this is my mood right now (expect lots of random posts!)
So I was doing a random search and I found this amazing idea. “8 tricks to win my heart” (I must say that I would NEVER post something like this on Facebook) but I think this is a bit of fun =D
- Understand that I am not a china doll. I don’t need romance, I need real and I need a partner by my side. You cannot be by and on my side if you raise me above you or look down on me.
- If you can get my paranoid chihuahua to like you…You’re in,lol..My last ex when he left my house after we talked about breaking up, my chihuahua came and laid down on his foot…She has NEVER done that before, I wanted to beg him to stay after that.
- I am an idealist, but do not mistake that for being a fool. I call myself the most realist idealist you will ever meet. I love the idea of love and everyone being best friends, but I know when to walk away from a bad situation and I will.
- I need actions, not words to prove to me. Please be patient, please be kind…Like I said I am not china doll and I know how to protect myself.
- Nacho Cheese Doritos…Not chocolate…Or get me a unique flower…I am not like the other girls,lol
- I love books…Ever heard of that saying “You know how guys will buy a girl drink, I wish that they would walk into a book-store and buy me a book”…Yeah that’s me, hehe.
- Be HONEST! If I am asking why did you do something, it’s because I want to understand, because I care enough to want to know how your mind works, so that we can work together. I am not asking to attack you, I am asking because I want to know and learn about you more.
- I hate the term “Friendzone” just don’t…If it seems I am rejecting you, just ask me about it.