During September I decided that I was going to start making goals, regular goals. Ones that you can do every day. I also started to make more health orientated goals, but I will write about them separately.
My goals from September were:
- I will write at one least one Blog post under my Category “Single in a small city”. I always have trouble with this category.
I managed to do this, I did really struggle to be honest. Then I found this amazing site! Read about it here at “The Swag“. Tick.
- There are two books that I am reading at the same time…I will get through at least half of both of them and finish off at least one. The one that I finish I will write a review in October (can you believe one month from now it’ll be October!) for it. (Please see what I”m reading with my Goodreads profile)
I have been reading “Three Queens, Three Sisters” by Phillipa Gregory. I have also read “The Children of Hulrin” (you can press the above Goodreads link to see my progress.) I have completed the three Queens one, so be expecting a review of this soon! The J.R.R Tolkien one has been taking a while, I haven’t been able to just sit down and read this one like I have with the other. It has genuinely really great getting back into reading though as well. I found with the Three Queens once I picked it up, I had a hard time putting it down again. Tick.
- Go through my dresses and get rid of at least 3-5 of them.
I didn’t end up doing this one, but I did end up going through this particular draw. It’s full of tiny jackets and my shorts and skirts. Some of which I had to put on to make sure that they even still fit. I think I got rid of at least 10 of them, so I think it evens out.
- Head out to a movie and dinner with my partner. This is always an issue for me because of my anxiety issues. I tend to do better when we see a movie I actually want to see.
I knew that this one wasn’t going to happen! My partner is not only the biggest procrastinator of all time, but he’s also the biggest waster of time. All month he’s had other things to do, then plays his games and THEN he goes and do what he’s actually been supposed to be doing. Next week we can’t do it either, we’ll be three hours away from civilisation.
- Not take Panadol (Ibuprofen) for one of the long trips (I have travel anxieties) and start taking my new natural medicine instead.
Unfortunately this one never ended up happening in the end. I have stopped taking them for drives that are short and very repetitive, which is a step in the right direction. It doesn’t help when your father is suddenly going in and out of hospital though, so your anxiety is all over the place. Unfortunately I did freeze when trying to get onto a bus. I do better when I can wind down a window and have the breeze in my face and the busses do not have them here.
- I am going to start meditating at least twice a week.
I have actually been doing this one, but the funny thing about this one. Is that the very first time I got back into it. A freight train blasted it’s horn, my dog started barking at nothing, an aeroplane flew past and the birds became hysterical outside. Still managed to keep it all together though!
- I also want to buy a daily planner. My plan is to get one of these this week!
Funnily enough I haven’t done this one. It just never seemed to happen and I don’t really know why.
- I need to also work out a “planned” week off from all works that I go too. I need it!
I didn’t end up planning this week off…yet! The week that I had planned to take off, I suddenly was asked to work all these hours, and I realised it was because it was the first week of school holidays. So I might have to wait to until after the school holidays to have a week off.
Check my Blog tomorrow for my October Goals.