- I am taking the books of my 2020 from my Goodreads account. However, I’m sure with a lot of you as well, who like to read. There were “others”. You know the ones, I mean. The ones who you reread for the 20th time, the ones that you don’t actually want to people to know about.
- I am just going to post a link to my Discord Book Channel again.
I wanted to start off with a statement as well. 2020, has been a pretty rotten year, let alone mentally draining. At the start of the year I wanted to get more involved and read more out of my safe space box, of books. As the year went on, it was becoming more obvious that I just wanted to stay in my safe space box.
The other great readings for me this year, has been the new authors that I have had the pleasure of getting to know. I had quiet a few! That has been mainly due to buying a lot of Book Box’s this year. While my wallet hasn’t appreciated it, my mind certainly has! And isn’t that what’s really important!
As I said above I have been introduce to quiet a few new authors this years, and I can’t actually think, who is probably my favourite author. Simply, I loved their books. I noticed that with the new authors, if I did like their book, I would end up reading at LEAST one more of their books this year.
There are three that really stand out:
- Kiersten White – The Dark Descent of Elizabeth Frankenstein and the Camelot Rising series.
- Renee Ahdieh – The Beautiful series
- Kate Quinn – The Empress of Rome series
All different times and places, all taking me away to their world. Never have I needed to be taken away to different worlds, where the bad guy ALWAYS loses. You just know that the dream couple are going to get together. It’s predictable, but in the way you want it too be. 2020 hasn’t completely made you so cynical, you know what’s going to happen. That you’re not so completely lost yet, that you mind.
I think I know what it is!
I think the “theme” for #2020 is
“Lets show the WORST in #humanity. Celebrate it, keeping letting the worst in humanity, win. Then call people who call out on the worst in humanity, bigots, or what they are, transphobic…Bullies. Because lord knows, we all know how sensitive bigots are. We HAVE to protect #bigots feelings”.
Also hello to those vile bigots! I’ve been getting a LOT of people apparently coming and having a look at my blog…I suspect though they’re not all here in good faith,lol
While you’re here…Do this!