The Single Woman 2013, Single is the new fabulous!
So I’ve heard something really interesting! This year instead of making New Year resolutions I am making a list of “Things I am leaving behind in 2013”
I came up with 14 ideas to go with 2014
- Stop feeling guilty that I don’t want to date! Being single doesn’t mean I have to be in a relationship.
- Quit spending money on people who don’t actually really do anything for me!
- Instead of reacting think more carefully about posting Facebook statuses.
- Aim for 90% positive statuses! Limit to one “emo” post a month
- Games Workshop, lol
- Not dressing up because I’m worried people will think I’m too “sexy”.
- Not seeing a movie I want too because I wasn’t invited in a ‘group’ situation…Go by myself and make it a “Date Day” just like I did before Facebook came along! Lol
- Spend less time on Facebook…I don’t know why I do so often, I always feel better when I’m off of it…Once a week I will spend up to 24 hours off of Facebook.
- Hanging out with people who have ‘group mentalities’ and hang out more with those to seem to have individual thoughts!
- People who can’t publicly acknowledge my existence or keep asking other people for opinions of me and not mine own and then call me “Friend”.
- Fake people!
- Feeling ashamed of what I enjoy liking Facebook, I love Cosplay it’s brought a lot of positive things into my life.
- Settling for less!
As some of my ‘follower’s may know during these last few months I was following a normal every day family take on an extraordinary challenge. The ‘Dash’ family decided to take on the responsibility to look after a single ostrich. They took a single egg and people from all around the world watched the ‘birth’ of Pip as he broke painfully slowly out of his shell.
I watched the whole hatching process and it was completely lovely and grew attached to Pip and fell in love at first trilled. At the same time I was going through probably the worst break up I have ever had to experience in the whole of my life. Little Pip and the Dash family and the hundred of thousands of people watching this different experience got me through those rough weeks. Unfortunately, the night after the last huge fight I had with my ex. I woke up the next morning to find out that Pip had passed away in the night. It was the first time that I broke down and cried for everything that had happened that year. Found out later that Ostrich hatchings are the hardest to grow into fully grown adults. Pip passed away from a unabsorbed yolk sac.
Dash didn’t give up though! They obtained three more eggs. Skippy, Popcorn and Rascal. All were born successfully, unfortunately, again…Skippy passed away within a couple of weeks from an infection in her intestines. Rascal had to be put down since he was born with a disfigured leg that would have gotten worse over time(and believe me when I say that they tried everything!). Popcorn survived through all of that and the Dash family were visiting Ostrich wranglers to take Popcorn in and then he was attacked by raccoons and had to be put down the night before.
Although I know how depressing they might all sound and believe me I stopped watching the live web stream after a while. The experience has been extremely positive. It was incredibly interesting to see and find how hard it is to raise ‘birds’. It is not something that is easy and especially with Ostriches, can be extremely heart-breaking. When you lose so many little babies! One of the most positive experiences from this though, were all of the people involved. Everyone who watched, supported Dash and his family and went through grief with them when they experienced lost. I have purchased an Ostrich figurine to remember all of these different experiences and to remember what it all meant to me.
Last night was the last night before the web cam and chat was stopped. We talked for hours and it was hard to sign off for that last time. I went back on the site this morning to double check that it was gone…and felt a sadness to see that it had. It was probably the more interesting and one of the rare positive experiences that I had of 2013 and will cherish it always.