*Edit* I am so sorry! I do not know what’s going on lately, but I swear that I am scheduling things and then they just keep popping up everywhere, anywhere they feel like!
It is SO hard these days to ignore the social media “craze” and the hold that it has over all people of all ages, races, gender, background…the list goes on. It is important to note here though that not everyone in the world has a computer or a “smart phone”. It is easy to understand though why people find it so hard to take themselves off of it, some struggle even not being apart of it for only hours and minutes at a time.
I made a promise to myself about a year ago, that at least once a week I was going to come off all my social media pages. Which I can say that I do and it’s easy. Although to be honest it isn’t that hard, there are a lot of negative and horrible people on their. They definitely do help me get fed up with it easier and they make me want to come off.
There are SO many benefits from coming off of social media, even for just one day. I can also say that I find it easily to spend days off of places like Facebook and Instagram so much easier these days for my longer than a day. I find that once you start making something apart of your routine and you keep it up, whether that be keeping something in or out. It just starts to become easier after a while.
However, I also think that you need something else to keep yourself occupied, especially those first few times that you do something. Below I have written a few things that I found kept me from getting on social media. If you have any please, free to share!
- Read,read,read…and did I mention, Read…Taking time off from social media is definitely a good time to get caught up with your reading. If you are anything like me, once I start reading I tend to just keep going. Especially if it’s a book that I’m interested in.
- I also love to play video games, so that is a good time.
- I tend to do more things like mediating and doing more yoga when I take myself off. It gives me to properly sit and meditate and clear my mind. Although my Gran did say that you should be able to meditate anywhere, if you are doing it properly.
- I do a LOT more walking, by myself and with my dog. Even if I’m walking to the local supermarket. I’m more likely to walk and get my food, rather than order it online…Save a lot of money!
- Cleaning out my closets…Just this past week I have gotten rid of about nearly 10 blouses/shirts that I haven’t worn in a couple of years (I’ve had most of them for years, it’s just been the couple of years since I hurt my leg, I’ve put on weight) I have gotten so much more space now, it’s great! Room for more…Just kidding ~.^
- Of course it gives me a lot more time for writing Blog posts and just the general writing for fun that I like to do.