Do any of you have a mental health checklist? I mean when you’re both in the middle of a mental health crisis, and then afterwards? Maybe you found something different to help this time?
When I’m in the middle of a attack. There are couple of things I do.
In the middle of a attack
- Sing a song in my head. I usually end up singing one sentence from a song.
- I feel for any of my plushies. Usually they’re just on the floor within reach.
- I might look for my bag, in the dark. Just to know it’s there.
- I usually sit up and try to remember to breath.
- If that all fails, I get my phone and I use my breathing app and I just stare at that app, haha
Learned behaviours to stay in control
- I’ve been getting better with this, but I always go to the toilet before I leave anywhere. This has been getting better though, which is a relief.
- Make sure things like my phone and ipod are charged.
- I have all sorts of natural drugs in my bag, that help relax. I haven’t had used any in ages! Which is also a good thing, but is it because I know they’re there?
- I actually do think about how I’m feeling before I go onto Twitter, FB, Insta.