“It’s just my opinion” or “Are they not allowed to have an opinion”.
I’ve been able to come up with a couple of responses to that … :
- “Yes, they’re allowed to have a opinion, but that’s all it is, is an opinion”.
- “Yes, but I am allowed to have the opinion, that it’s a stupid and ill-informed opinion”.
- “Yes, they’re allowed to have a opinion, and no one is saying that they cant. But why should they be rewarded for a truly horrible and dangerous opinion”.
- “Yes, but Hitler had a “opinion”, Trump has lots of “opinions”, Putin has lots of “opinions, Xi Jinping has a lot of “opinions”. Doesn’t mean you reward them for it!”
- “Yes, but I’m allowed to say that I think your opinion is stupid”.
- “Their opinion is right there, what, I’m not allowed to have a opinion about their opinion too?”.