I’m doing a little bit of a twist on the Share Your World, meaning when it’s usually about sharing some questions that the beautiful Melanie (and sometimes Roy) share with us. What am I going to share with you, is what I like to do to celebrate the more “Americanised” Halloween.
Favourite Halloween Films:
I’m honestly, not into the scary films, like your very scary, violent films … Real life is scary enough after all.
- Nightmare Before Christmas
- All The Addams Family
- The Mummy
- Phantom of the Opera
- Sleepy Hollow
- Young Frankenstein
- Dracula (Keanu Reeves, Ryder and Oldman).
Favourite Halloween Foods/Treats:
- Candy Corn…I think it’s delicious!
- I love making chocolate mousse and then putting gummy worms through it.
- I haven’t yet, but I do want too make mead!
- I do like toffee apples, but I can never get through it all.
- In the past, I have made popcorn with white icing, and candy corn. You have to use either salted popcorn or buttered, for a really good flavour. Nothing plain on Halloween! The white icing sticks the candy corn to the popcorn.
- I don’t know why, but I really love Oreos on Halloween.
- Smores…I’ve seen a recipes call them Ghost Smores, they just put little eyes on the peak.
- Hot Chocolate … with the Marshmallow!
Favourite Halloween Music:
- What is this – Nightmare Before Christmas
- Lullaby – Lion King 2: Simba’s Pride.
- All the songs from Phantom of the Opera
Favourite Halloween Tales:
- Jack-o-Lanterns and the Legend of ‘Stingy Jack’
- The Raven – Edgar Allan Poe
- Sleepy Hollow