Hobbit Day is a name used for September 22 in reference to its being the birthday of the hobbits, Bilbo and Frodo Baggins. Bilbo was born in the year of 2890 and Frodo in the year of 2968 in the Third Age (1290 and 1368 respectively in Shire-Reckoning.) Due to the discrepancies between the Shire calendar and the Gregorian calendar there is some debate about when to celebrate Hobbit Day, since the actual birthday would be between September 12 and 14 the Gregorian calendar.
Some of my favourites from this list are:
- Watch every single Middle-earth movie (Extended Edition of course!)
- Write some Middle-earth fan fiction.
- Search for Elves in your forest
- Write a post about your secret…or in my case…not so secret LotR crush.
- Refer to your cat as “My Precious” for the day.
- Listen to Middle-earth soundtracks all day.
There are so many great ideas!