Well, in Australia it is.
Annually, August the 10th is World Lion Day.
I’ll list a couple of facts, but the King of the…Jungle?
- A lioness group is called a pride.
- A group of male lions is called a coalition.
- While Lionesses do most of the hunting, male lions will help with a kill when they are nearby.
- Both males and females have a very powerful roar that can be heard up to 8 km (5 mi.) away.
- The more voluminous the mane, the greater the appeal of the male.
*Maybe he’s born with it*
- African lions are considered vulnerable of extinction by the IUCN Red List
- Distemper is spread to lions by neighbouring village dogs as well as hyenas.
- Since Mufasa and Scar were brothers and there is not mention of another male lion, or Scar being Nala’s Uncle…Nala and Simba are, at the very least, cousins. If not half brother and sister. In reality “Simba” would never taken over, he would have been eventually chased off.
- Lions don’t tend to live in Jungles, they can be found in Africa south of the Sahara and in Northwest India.
- African Lions are called…well African Lions and Indian Lions are called Asiatic Lions.
Published on 24 Mar 2015
African lion : (Panthera leo) Asiatic lion : (Panthera leo persica)