World Environment Day is the United Nations day for encouraging worldwide awareness and action to protect our environment. With a lot of movements like this it usually have some sort of theme or focus:
Beat Air Pollution and the host nation is China
Did you know: more people die from air pollution than smoking?
UN News – With a premature death every five second, air pollution in violation of human rights, says UN expert “WRITER Mungunkhishig Batbaatar”
Lolsy’s Library, what can I do to help beat air pollution?
- Switching to walk, cycling or taking public transport. Too help reduce with fossil fuels and diesel.
- Instead of making your backyard a pavement or cement wasteland…Think instead of planting trees and plants. Ones that are preferably native to your area.
- Clean up trash and learn to recycle properly.
- Check energy efficiency ratings on household items like dishwashers, heaters etc.
- Watch your own energy outage (leaving lights on).
- Take up or find out about “Join the Mask” challenge.