So this year I wanted to get down what I’ve learnt and what I hope to achieve next year and what I achieved this year. Let’s do this! Please feel free to share with us anything about this year! I went with 19 initially because we are going from 2018 to 2019. This is actually what I have posted on my personal Facebook as well as reflecting on the year a bit. I just wasn’t sure that you’d all be interested in that.
19 Things that make me happy to be alive.
I saw this on a Blog that I enjoy reading and I thought it was a fantastic idea! I went with 19 because we’re heading into 2019. Instead of a get to know me type list, or a goals list. Last year I thought I was going to die and I didn’t, but it’s the closest I’ve felt like I’ve come to it. Instead of getting to know me, how about the things and people that make me happy to be alive.
- That I am still alive to make the choice to walk away and/or stay ❤
- Music…Some people pray to God, I pray to Music.
- When you are reading a new book from a new author and you love it and you don’t want to stop reading it.
- I have been reading classic novels and have read a huge amount of the Agatha Christie books this year, instead of just watching the movies and the tv shows. I love them! When you read the books, you realise WHY the author is a classic author. If you do want to follow me, I’m on Goodreads. https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/24833271-lauren
- The people in my life right now. When I think about it, the most toxic people are gone. Any doubts I have had about myself, have come from myself and not someone from the outside. Which I can’t even begin to explain how new that is to me. Or how freeing it is.
- Nature…Have you ever just sat outside and just looked up? Have you ever just gone for a walk in it, just to go for a walk in it? Have you just sat and listened to the birds?
- Food…Freaking food man…It’s the best!
- When the shower is that “perfect” temperature…You all know what I’M TALKIN’ BOUT!
- That I got to live in the generation who were able to really appreciate the awesome of the Lord of the Rings movie trilogy.
- Finding that even if you can’t get your dream or perfect job, as long as you like the people you work with. It doesn’t matter.
- Animals – Just am thankful that I get to live in a world with them, and hope to continue so! Except Mosquitos, lol
- My health…I may have Anxiety, but overall it’s made me go and get my entire health checked out. My cholesterol was a little high at the beginning of the year and now it’s good again. If it wasn’t for my anxiety, I would have never have gone and got it checked.
- Just being a kind person. I’m starting to realise, how little people are kind these days. Just simple acknowledgements of other people’s existence. It’s such a simple, but vital quality to have!
- Although I may not drive yet, and I’m not rich. I love being able to visit, pretty much, all over the country and see what a beautiful country I live in.
- During my time on medication and not being able to drink, I’m still a lot of fun when I’m sober, lol.
- I really love the Internet, for one major reason. It means I can watch live feeds. I can watch safari live, I can watch my friends on Twitch. Its part of the reason I love being alive, right this moment!
- That when I want, I can just turn off the Internet, into the arms of loving people.
- That we have the resources to take better care of ourselves, and each other. We have a good understanding of what we need to take care of ourselves, we live in a wonderful age.
- I’m thankful for the people who’ve attacked me and hated on me. They are the ones who make me realise how happy and how lucky I am.
I believe I’m loved when I’m completely by myself alone
Published on 17 Mar 2011