I was going to originally title this post “There is no a cure for anxiety!”
Then I thought though, that sounds like a really harsh topic heading to get this post started on and I do not want to upset people.
I was talking on Facebook…discussing, if you will, about how you can “cure” anxiety with good food, lots of exercising…and I do hate it to say it…There is no cure for anxiety…If there was no one would suffer from it anymore. If there was, trust me, it would be the most popular item on the market and would probably sell out ALL the time.
Saying that though, there are ways to help and make life easier…Too “control” it to a certain extent.
Everybody is different and can learn to control it in different ways for yourself. Myself personally:
- I do not drink coffee anymore, unless I am 100% certain that I am not headed anywhere. Of course though life is uncertain, especially lately!
- If I’m having trouble sleeping I use my Atmosphere anxiety app.
- Meditation is so helpful! Make a “space” for yourself. Even if you have to go out to do it. At least once a week, get a space for yourself.
- I am aware there are days where I feel vulnerable, so I wont go on places like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc.
- Then there are other days where I feel like I could fight back.
- Computer games, for myself, are a GREAT distraction! I have a couple of games that I can lost in for hours and forget for a while. Then because I’m not constantly thinking about whatever is causing myself anxiety. It calms me down. Especially when I have trouble jumping in Guild Wars 2,lol
Some areas of my life have gotten a LOT better.
2 thoughts on “Let’s get to it!”
For the most part, I avoid caffeine too. But somebody suggested putting a drop or two of lavender oil (essential oils) in it . . . AND IT WORKS! I still don’t drink coffee all the time, but if I have an overwhelming craving or need a bit of a pick me up, I’ll sprinkle the lavender in a cup and for the most part, it really cures the jitters.
LikeLiked by 1 person
I’ve never heard about the lavender before, I am definitely going to give it a try!