Share Your World, February 5th 2018
What would be your ideal fantasy way to spend Monday?
- Slow cook…Oh my goodness, I’ve just been introduced to slow cooking…I am in love! You can smell the yummy food all day, it’s fantastic!.
- Some serious cleaning out.
- Take my dog for a walk.
- If I’m at my partners house, I love cleaning up while he’s at work.
What one person that you are out of contact with would you like to say thank you to?
I can’t really think of one person, generally (even ex’s) I will thank for anything good or positive they brought to my life…Who knows when I’d see them again! There’s only one because I cannot remember if I thanked him or not. In year 6 (so about 10-11 years of age) I was bullied pretty much by all my classmates (my friends were in another class and I was not allowed to swap for some reason). There was one classmate who actually made me laugh, but of course if I tried to be friends with him, “I must love him”. I don’t think he realised how much he got me through.
List your favorite toys or games as a kid?
- Hide and Seek – I was the BEST at this! I played with my cousins and brother and I was the lightest so I could hide up in the highest tree and hide in the tiniest spaces.
- I loved my Barbies! They had a whole story going on there. There was one who could only eat junk food or she’d die! There was another who was psychic and she was also the group back manager. All my non-barbies “dolls” were the Barbies parents (I remember having an Strawberry Cupcake Doll) . Good times! Some of the outfits and Barbies that I got have come back in Fashion. I recently rebought a Rock and Roll 1980’s Barbie (link to pinterest…I also had the peaches and cream dress).
- We all had a lot of little cars and trucks. We made car families and we were so original. We had the “Truck Family”, who only had trucks, the “police car” family. There was the Mayor’s family, who were all the fancy cars. We had a group of “teenagers” that were what you called nearly on the scrap heat and they were all fosters. Of course the Mayor’s daughter was in love with one of them!
- I also was given my cousins cabbage patch doll, but at the same time I was given a “Magic Nursery Doll” – (goes to a YouTube video). I still have those two! They’ve been put away though for my future children.
- I had a puppy surprise and my brother had a Footrot Flats dog and one of the “surprise” puppies was black and white.
- Since I was a Ballerina when I was little, I also had a “My pretty Ballerina – ebay link” Who’d hang out with my magic nursery and cabbage patch doll.
- My top 3 favourite though was my life-sized doll, who we called Brittany. She was my “sister”. She was in all the family photos. Then my brother turned her into a goth and made her a little black dress and we still have her too. I have to take a picture of her.
I am having such a good time remembering these =D Thank you so much!
What did you appreciate or what made you smile this past week? Feel free to use a quote, a photo, a story, or even a combination.
In all honesty the question above has really been making me smile and now I’m looking for the other toys from my childhood. Thank you!
Toy and games that will make 90’s girls (and some boys!) super nostalgic
One thought on “Share Your World…Feb Week 1, 2018”
Thanks so much for sharing this week. 😀