So I found these UH-MAZING questions that help you to reflect on what you deserve as an individual…I feel like I wanted to do these questions, I want to be more about the self-love this year for myself…Please feel free to do these as well!
The Truth Practice – 10 Journal Questions for Self-Love
1. What do I believe I deserve in life? Why?
I believe I deserve to be really happy. I feel like it’s starting to happen for me as well. I cannot control everything, but there are things I can do to make more things happen, things that are within my control. I deserve to be happy NOW…But I always did.
2. What does trust mean to me? How can I learn to trust more?
Trust to me is knowing that you can stop speaking to someone…Even in anger and know that the other person would still not tell your secrets. Doesn’t matter who it is, it can be a romantic relationship, a friendly relationship or even a work relationship.
3. There is a quote from Jack Kornfield that says, “ Like a sandcastle, all is temporary. Build it, tend it, enjoy it. And when the time comes, let it go.” What do you need to let go of in your life? How do you think you will feel once you let it go?
I need to let of not believing in myself enough. I have this terrible habit of really wanting to do something but then thinking of every single way that I could mess up, or if I’d look silly. If I’m not good enough and so it just never happens. I really NEED to let go, I feel like if I could let go of it and then my life would be so much more fulfilling.
4. The Dalai Lama once said, “Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck.” When was the last time you didn’t get something you wanted, but it worked out for the better?
Very recently actually. If you’ve been reading some of my most recent blogs you’ll know that I recently lost some life long friends. It’s not the why I wanted it to go, but I can honestly say that it’s working out for the better for me. I’ve been so much more productive and I am organising a lot more things to do for myself this year already.
5. Make a list of 10 things you do to relax. How can you incorporate these things into the week ahead of you?
- Read a book
- Listen to “mood music” (Depends on my mood what music I listen too)
- I’ll take a little longer in the shower than I should
- I hug my plushies!
- I have about 10 different colouring in books.
- I’ll just lounge with my pets
- I’ve recently just started taking walks and listening to music, it’s been great!
- Online retail window shopping…Especially when I don’t buy anything!
- I love to play computer games
- Watching safari live, especially when there’s not hunting and we just see baby animals,lol
6. What is your favorite song? Why do you like it? How does the song make you feel? What do you think about when you listen to it?
My favourite song probably of all time is “Happy” by Pharell Williams. I cannot not be happy whenever I hear it come on. No matter the mood I will get up and dance. If I’m lying on the bed, crying, I hear that song I am up and dancing and thinking of all the good things in my life.
7. “The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson If you knew this statement were true, what would you do differently in your life? What if you could do these things every day?
I almost feel sad saying that there would be a lot I would differently, but a lot of the reasons why I can’t do what I want to do, is of course…money issues. I would do craft things to sell every day, I would probably also do computer/internet streaming a few times a weeks. There’s a lot in my life that would be different. I’ve been thinking about someone, and there’s some that I could do…I just have to watch the wallet!
8. What does love mean to you? How do you show these emotions and actions to yourself?
Love to me means that you are kind, but tough. Love doesn’t mean you just do what whatever the person you loves tells you to do. You don’t just go along with whatever, you can stand up and say when you think something is wrong. You don’t just always go with the flow. Sometimes you have to stand up and be tough.
I find this is the same when it comes to loving myself as well. I love myself, but as the general consensus we are toughest on ourselves and sometimes we have to be tough on ourselves.
It’s not about being unkind, it’s more about not wanting us and the people who we love, not to suffer anymore.
9. In what areas of your life do you show a lot of faith? Why does faith come easily to you in these circumstances?
I show a lot of faith in my family, especially my mothers side. I honestly don’t know what I would do without them! I feel and know that I am safe whenever I’m around them.
10. What would your daily habits look like if you chose to live life with an open heart?
I would probably get up at roughly 6amish, instead of 7:20am and start my day with a meditation and a glass of water. I have no idea what I’d have for breakfast, probably a banana. I’ve got a lot of cereals in my cupboard, but who eats those for breakfast!lol…I would go for a walk every day, no matter the weather. I would get to bed at 10:30pm and be asleep at 11pm. I would love to do a craft every day. Making people’s Christmas cards last year, was great! I sat there for hours, trying to make them all different. It was great and very therapeutic.