Christmas! I know, I know! I am that terrible that is reminding people of things they don’t want to think about at the moment.
Now you may be asking yourself…but it’s the 24th today, not the 25th…Has the Library gone crazy? Not all…It is five months from today until Christmas, Christmas Eve…The last day of shopping! Possibly one of the craziest days of the year! All that last minute shopping…Those last “spare presents” for people who buy you something, but you have nothing for them!
Why am I bringing this up now?
Let’s talk about handy hints, so it’s not as crazy around Christmas time and you can actually relax a bit more around the holiday times. You have to start early! I am going to list some suggestions that I do that helps with Christmas times.
- Usually I started putting something away each fortnight at the beginning of June. It can be 10 dollars or even up too 50 dollars.
- Then around August I start getting little bits and pieces.
- For my mum, dad, brother and anyone that I’m dating I’ll buy three presents. Two can be little fun things, that are not too expensive. The third one is a bit more expensive and is something they have actually asked for.
- I also have to take into account that, on one side of my family we do a “Secret Santa” thing and the most we’re supposed to spend is $50.00
- You can get some great deals after Christmas (not all things have to happen before). Wrapping paper, cards…trees, are usually cheaper after the holidays. That way you are prepared for the next year as well. I usually buy another roll of wrapping paper after Christmas. Even if I haven’t run out that year.