Yes! I strongly believe that there are rules one needs to follow when Reading. This rules mainly apply to those who are new to reading, especially when you are an adult and are interesting in reading again. As well as some rules for anyone who reads regularly.
- Never make yourself read if you’re not willingly to, it doesn’t matter if the novel is popular or you’ve been reading the series. If you’re not ready, you are not ready.
- Make sure that you give yourself at 3 hours a week of quiet reading time a week. Even if it’s an hour before bed.
- Personally I find that I can never read with only half an hour before bed, because I get too involved and then go to bed late.
- Read during work lunch breaks. It’s amazing even with only 30 minutes for lunch, how much of a break for your mind that is.
- If you do read at work, make sure it’s a book you are enjoying. Otherwise, feeling frustrated and disappointed during work, can make your work day seem worse.
What about yourself readers? Do you have any rules or suggestions when it comes to reading?