So this is more of a tongue-in-cheek of a random thought I had while talking to a few friends about books that have impacted us for life.
10 reasons why a good book can be like a relationship:
- Books can rip at your heart and the impact stays with you for life.
- A good book can inspire and make your life a better place for life.
- You can fall in love with a character that then breaks your heart.
- A good book can make you sit for hours and just dwell on the issues.
- A good book will still make you feel something the next day.
- Sometimes you do judge the book by it’s cover and then can be completely surprised by the “reality”.
- Sometimes a character can just say what you’ve been needing to hear.
- A good book always seems to come along when you’re not expecting it.
- A new genre can be exciting and take you places you never dreamed of going, and opening doors you never thought of opening before.
- Books can give you some good ‘satisfaction’ *insert winky face here*