Okay so I’ve just recently turned 30…Happy Birthday to me! So I thought that I would share 30 facts with you, my blog readers =D Hopefully some will be unexpected:
- In nearly every single situation I prefer the bad guy over the good one. Except possibly not when it comes to Lord of the Rings and the Hobbit. I think it may be possible that those movies are the first that I prefer the good guys…Except for Iron Man.
- My best, best, BEST friend and I have known each other for more than half our lives and apart from my family she is the only other person to be in my life that long.
- I am one of those very annoying people that actually does like a bit of everything, music-wise
- Over probably the last 5 years I’ve started to realise that I am nothing like most of my friends. I have completely ways of seeing the world and it has made me feel incredibly lonely, BUT, I am meeting people now and am starting to believe in myself again.
- I am Doctor Who obsessed and I’ve started to watch the original series. People think that I know everything from the William Hartnell years, but I actually don’t.
- Ironically when I started my course to train to become a Librarian, I stopped reading. It’s only been since I started to volunteer at my local Library that I restarted again.
- While most people seem to freak out about rats, I have actually three pet rats and think that they are adorable (I still want a hamster, but they are illegal in Australia).
- I do things like meditation, reiki…I never try and force it down people’s throats though.
- I love to dance! Although I have not joined a local dance class or something like that, I have a lot of the dancing games on my xBox and I play them a couple of times a week.
- I don’t just have an xBox…I have an Star Wars xBox with a C3PO gold controller!
- I love watching Vlog’s, especially those ones of Cosplaying and am currently trying to set up one for this Blog!
- I love the crime channel and for the longest time I could not figure out why. I think it’s because I love that in all of the programs, they find their person and justice is done.
- Speaking of Justice, a role model of mine is Athena the Goddess of Wisdom, law and justice. When I was in High School, my ancient classical studies class was the only class I use to get A’s.
- I suffer from dyslexia and due to large classrooms, this went unnoticed through 99% of my schooling, until Year 12. Where my ancient classical studies teacher recognised and helped me. I know have exercises that help me cope. As annoying as it may be, I constantly I have to re-read everything.
- I am an animal lover, although not a vegetarian. When I was little my brother, cousins and I had a nature club and we took “care” of any animal that we could find. We found lizards, caterpillars, millipedes…Yes…everything!
- I have travelled overseas mainly to Arizona, I have also travelled to the UK. Once I get a well paying job I will be saving to go back there for at least one last time, for a long time. I don’t think it will be my very last time, but it will be for a long time.
- I love both coffee and tea…I have been experimenting with different teas and coffees this year, it has been a good time!
- I am organising my 30th party while I am writing this…I get really stressed out organising parties.
- I am an Facebook ‘addict’ but one of my resolutions to stay off of Facebook once a week, has been helping and I find that I am getting stuff done!
- Over the last year I have been changing, getting rid of and acquiring new things, so that I can have a more “grown up” bedroom. I think I have more toys (statues, figurines) than I ever have before!
- Before I started my studies I was a call centre operator, but I never ever want to do it again!
- Out of all my thirty years I have found this past year I have learnt the most about myself and have noticed huge changes for myself.
- I am more happier being single than when I am in a relationships. I seem to have more fun!
- I am more of a dog person than a cat person, but I love kittens!
- Apart from this year I have been back-stabbed about two weeks before my birthday parties. You can imagine how happy I am that this year didn’t happen!
- I think this year is definitely the year that I have learnt “It’s more important to have a few true friends than a lot of fake acquaintances”.
- I cannot stand romantic comedy movies, the only one I have ever enjoyed was “Love Actually”. I enjoy actual comedies, musicals and LOVE action films!
- Although I am a huge Disney fan I am probably the most realist idealist you will ever meet. Probably why I am still single, I’ve noticed a lack of honesty, compassion and open-mindedness these days. Which are probably the three most important values in any relationship.
- I am girl who does not love chocolate! Give me a packet of chips any day, I have to be in the mood for chocolate…Shocking, I know!
- Although I have just spent this past year trying to remodel my room and make it more ‘adult’ I have just gotten a whole tonne of presents which I have no clue what to do with!
8 thoughts on “Happy Birthday to me…Get to know me!”
Happy birthday and welcome to club dirty thirty! I can relate to a lot that’s on your list but no rom-coms? No chocolate??? Girl what is up with that? Enjoy your party! xx 🙂
I know I am so weird!lol…Sorry, I think with everything that was going on I have missed a lot of comments!
I think you can be forgiven 😉
Thank goodness! =D
I swear you are my twin. Lol. As I was reading these it’s like a check list. Yup me too. Yup I do that. Yup that’s how I am. lol. You are not alone about the chocolate…I used to enjoy it but now I’m just ehh on it. I have to be in the mood to eat any. Also HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Hope it was a good!
hehe, I am very happy to find a kindred spirit! I just never really got into chocolate. Unfortunately every guy I dated didn’t know about that. My first present would always have chocolate,lol.
It was an amazing birthday! One of those birthdays that shook you up and make you extremely grateful for good people!
Lol oh no! Thankfully the guys I meet just take me to dinner haha. Aww that’s awesome. I’m glad it was so wonderful. 🙂